Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

iFlash for BMW/Mini Download

Hi All,

I just picked up an E92 with a TTFS tune on it and it came with the Frieling Cable which requires iFlash BMW/Mini app but can't find a download link (it's p/w protected on the Frieling site)

I also have a DCAN cable but I'm not sure which Application will allow me to pull the current BIN file... (my experience is with MSD8x DMEs and I haven't messed with tuning on any MSS60s) I'm having trouble getting my 02 sensor monitor ready for smog after 500 miles of doing the cold start drive cycle over and over and starting to assume the current tune disabled the sensors (even though it has stock cats).

Thanks all!

Try with this one, don't know if it locked to a given tuner though :

https://www.dropbox.com/s/onejjp5dii...ation.exe?dl=0

Most likely you won't be able to download the tune using mssflasher.
    Last edited by dmlf; 11-05-2020, 10:34 PM.

Comment

Try MSSFlasher. Doesn't hurt.

Comment

I’m curious. Why does a “tuner lock” prevent MSS6x from reading and saving the bin? I assume that means some how that the application doesn’t have high level access to read the contents, but how is an aftermarket tune and associated hack enable higher security than the original software/hardware?

Comment

Most likely a seed key change

Comment

Originally posted by hansbrix View Post
            I’m curious. Why does a “tuner lock” prevent MSS6x from reading and saving the bin? I assume that means some how that the application doesn’t have high level access to read the contents, but how is an aftermarket tune and associated hack enable higher security than the original software/hardware?
            They were probably able to add additional code to the ecu that prevent reads when the proper decryption keys aren't presented.

Comment

Working...
            X