Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can an MSS60 be used "standalone" in a swap car?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can an MSS60 be used "standalone" in a swap car?

I know that an MSS60 can be used in an S65-swapped car, but I am unaware of the extent of programming and/or wiring that may be necessary to get this to function.

Does anyone know of any documented swaps I can read up on? I saw a video that "kaiv" posted on youtube of a running/driving S65 swapped E46, and one of the videos you could see INPA running on a laptop right before he turns the engine over, so I know it's possible, but don't know what might be involved.

Is it a fool's errand to try to get this to run in an earlier car with no CAN, like an E36 or earlier?

Thanks!

For EWS/CAS you need the CAS module to be present or fit an emulator or immo off.
    I have seen projects before that it is possible but don't know yet what to disable. In all cars we put the S65 its an E90 which has all the hardware. For DKG you need some additional modules to make it work good (DSC).
    Most likely the DME wants a vehicle speed signal by CAN to work correctly. Besides this you probably want to run a regular fuel pump to get rid of the EKP module.
    You probably need an emulator or change in code to make it work.

Comment

Possible. Immo off in Software is avaliable (just need verfiy in real car next days and also test some standalone mods (after years of testing isnt as bad)) , no emulators needen anymore to solve. Also no KGM... need to be used or CAS / EWS Moduls. On Bench works well for MSS60 and MSS65 .
      Speed Signal, DSC, SAP... all can be decode to run Standalone for MSS60 and MSS65 .
      EKP and both (one in idle, part load... other only work if ekp send signal for under full load) fuel pumps also not needen, but can be wired if you want ... dont forget the sensor for fuel pressure and wiring to ecu.
      If you dont connect the sensor ecu runs in "full" fuel pressure and request max fuel.
      Last edited by Lambda1; 01-25-2021, 03:07 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Lambda1 View Post
        Possible. Immo off in Software is avaliable (just need verfiy in real car next days and also test some standalone mods (after years of testing isnt as bad)) , no emulators needen anymore to solve. Also no KGM... need to be used or CAS / EWS Moduls. On Bench works well for MSS60 and MSS65 .
        Speed Signal, DSC, SAP... all can be decode to run Standalone for MSS60 and MSS65 .
        EKP and both (one in idle, part load... other only work if ekp send signal for under full load) fuel pumps also not needen, but can be wired if you want ... dont forget the sensor for fuel pressure and wiring to ecu.
        If you dont connect the sensor ecu runs in "full" fuel pressure and request max fuel.
        Sorry to revive a year-old thread, I've been trying to find a write up on what exactly needs to be done to get an MSS65 to run standalone but so far haven't found any info on how to do it, just that it is possible. Any chance you've got a link to a write-up on how to do this?

Comment

Originally posted by KevvinG View Post

Sorry to revive a year-old thread, I've been trying to find a write up on what exactly needs to be done to get an MSS65 to run standalone but so far haven't found any info on how to do it, just that it is possible. Any chance you've got a link to a write-up on how to do this?
          bump

Comment

Unfortunately you are going to have to dig and figure it out via a lot of trail and error, or pay someone who knows it.

Comment

Working...
            X