Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2M Autowerks E90 Carbon fiber roof GROUP BUY

🏁 E90 Carbon fiber roof GROUP BUY 🏁 $1795 🏁

We at 2M Autowerks are in the process of manufacturing our own E90 carbon fiber roof.

Some of you guys might know that we have been making roofs for quite a few years. We currently make carbon roofs for the E36, E46 (coupe and sedan), F82, F87, Z3 M Coupe. We manufacture everything here in the US. Nothing overseas!

Retail after the group buy will be 2K/ea but to kick this off we would ONLY need 5 buyers to finalize and lock in this price point.

All roofs are made by vacuum infusion with your choice of 1x1 or 2x2 weave in either gloss or matte finish. All roofs are clear coated with PPG UV protection clear then wet sanded cut and buffed/polished and sealed.

No price difference with any option you'd like. Current estimate build time to complete all 5 is approx 10-12 weeks.

We just need 5 to fullfill this group buy.

1. Ace Damaso 2x2 (PAID)
    2. Andre Wellesely 2x2 (PAID)

If you'd like to join in please chime in the comments or message me directly. We are based in San Diego and can also do the install for 2k.

Cheers!!! 🏁🏁🏁🏁🏁🏁🏁🏁

Pictures are from our F82 carbon roof and the mold picture is from our E46 mold as a reference. Thanks for the support everyone!

(We are also currently doing a F80 carbon roof group buy...posted in the F8X group)​

www.2Mautowerks.com

Email: info@2mautowerks.com
    txt/call: 858-536-2886​
    ig: @2M_Autowerks
    Last edited by 2M Autowerks; 03-17-2024, 03:24 PM.

What parts would I need to buy in order to make this happen? My e90 has a sunroof (not familiar with the conversion on this platform).

I just remember with my e46 m3 that if I wanted to go with a CF roof (also had a sunroof), I’d need to buy quite a few things to make it happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Mattn1192 View Post
      What parts would I need to buy in order to make this happen? My e90 has a sunroof (not familiar with the conversion on this platform).

I just remember with my e46 m3 that if I wanted to go with a CF roof (also had a sunroof), I’d need to buy quite a few things to make it happen.
      You would need
      1) Roof bow part # 41237144964​ $68 on FCP
      2) glass molding part # 51317061970​ $43 on FCP
      3) glass molding part # 51317061967​ $28 on FCP
      4) headliner part # 51448046361​ $700 on Schmeidman ideally you find a used one locally for possibly half this price.
      5) new front glass (It makes a world of a difference if you glass is pitted or chipped. If it’s pitted or chipped it’s likely to break during removal but this can vary from ~ $280-500 depending on brand and if it’s rain sensor glass or not.

I can help source this from our local dealer as I’ve already cross referenced all these parts but just wanted to show you pricing of what I’ve found online from fcp/schmeidman so you or anyone else can cross check.

Comment

damn and I just did my headliner a week ago πŸ₯²

Comment

For the carbon fiber roof. You mentioned the headliner replacement. Would I still need to do that if I just got mine replaced 2 weeks ago?

Comment

Originally posted by Mattn1192 View Post
            For the carbon fiber roof. You mentioned the headliner replacement. Would I still need to do that if I just got mine replaced 2 weeks ago?
            You’d need one without the sunroof hole. A slicktop headliner.

Comment

Working...
            X