Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone use this dritech hood?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Anyone use this dritech hood?

    I'm in the market for a new hood. The seibon gtr and vis are a little too much for what i wanted to spend. I was going to get the oe style for about 1000 from seibon, then i stumbled upon this. Anyone have any expierence using this hood?
    https://www.bodykits.com/i-30481302-...od-112906.html

    Sent from my SM-G996U1 using Tapatalk


    #2
    Has hood vents, but the vents are fake and non functional…

    Comment


      #3
      Is it a street car or a track-only car ?

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by Estoril View Post
        Is it a street car or a track-only car ?
        Street car

        Sent from my SM-G996U1 using Tapatalk

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by erickhoyos View Post
          Has hood vents, but the vents are fake and non functional…
          Yeah its a little too cheap I'm hesitant

          Sent from my SM-G996U1 using Tapatalk

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by erickhoyos View Post
            Has hood vents, but the vents are fake and non functional…
            Can the vents be made functional by removing a (bolt-in) panel or something? I mean why bother producing a hood w/vents that are fake, and can't be made functional...seems silly!? Plus, the factory hoods are aluminum and are already fairly light...and fit perfectly.

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by stash1 View Post

              Can the vents be made functional by removing a (bolt-in) panel or something? I mean why bother producing a hood w/vents that are fake, and can't be made functional...seems silly!? Plus, the factory hoods are aluminum and are already fairly light...and fit perfectly.
              Those are rain guards/covers that can be removed to make the vents functional.

              MVP Track Time

              Comment


                #8
                Its probably CF over FG chop mat. 90% sure. I'm fairly certain its polyester resin as well. My VIS hood was heavier than the OE hood. Long story involving hood pins...got the VIS hood cheap so went with it knowing it is garbage.

                Comment


                  #9
                  If I were you I'd be out of the market for a cheap ass hood.
                  2003.5 MT JB/B - CSL SCHRICK SUPERSPRINT EISENMANN JRZ SWIFT BREMBO ENDLESS BBS/SSR DREXLER SACHS RECARO SLON MKRS GSP DMG KARBONIUS CP AUTOSOLUTIONS KOYO

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by jet_dogg View Post
                    If I were you I'd be out of the market for a cheap ass hood.
                    What are my nice options.
                    Seibon just told me 4 months for a hood, i need one sooner. I tried couple vendors they all show instock but when i contact them they tell me the same thing.

                    Sent from my SM-G996U1 using Tapatalk

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Why don’t you just install hood vents on your original hood?

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Originally posted by erickhoyos View Post
                        Has hood vents, but the vents are fake and non functional…
                        That doesn't matter on a street car.

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Originally posted by Lukem3 View Post
                          What are my nice options.
                          Seibon just told me 4 months for a hood, i need one sooner. I tried couple vendors they all show instock but when i contact them they tell me the same thing.

                          Sent from my SM-G996U1 using Tapatalk
                          What's wrong with stock?
                          2003.5 MT JB/B - CSL SCHRICK SUPERSPRINT EISENMANN JRZ SWIFT BREMBO ENDLESS BBS/SSR DREXLER SACHS RECARO SLON MKRS GSP DMG KARBONIUS CP AUTOSOLUTIONS KOYO

                          Comment


                            #14
                            My hood is damaged and im looking for a replacement. A stock hood is about 1200 before paint. If i get a cf i can wait on paint until i respray the car

                            Sent from my SM-G996U1 using Tapatalk

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Originally posted by Estoril View Post

                              That doesn't matter on a street car.
                              It really doesn’t but I think if it’s pictured with hood vents then one would assume they’re functional. It’s like putting an M badge on a non M car lol

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X