Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MSS52 - S62 - Misfire on all cylinders

Dear members,

I have a question related to the MSS52 ECU which is nearly equal to the MSS54 ECU. Engine is S62 into an E46 chassis. Car is converted to track use (alpha-n) and sequential gearbox. The following problem occurs and I hope with your experience on MSS54 and S54 you might know were I need to look for. In 3rd gear during full load between 6200-6500rpm the ECU triggers the "aussetz erkennung" codes = misfire detection on ALL cylinders at the same time. You can also hear the engine having misfires. Full load to +7200rpm in 1st, 2nd and even 4th gear no such error comes in. During a full load run in 4th gear there are no issues. Based on that I thought to rule out lean mixture causing misfires. Unfortunately It doesn't have lambdasondes anymore so I can't monitor them during the phenomena. On a dyno there seem to be no issues, only on track.

From my knowledge the misfire detection is triggered on crankshaft acceleration (roughness). The sensor is already replaced for a genuine BMW one and the trigger wheel (flywheel) has been removed and checked for damages. No deviations are observed.
    I tried to turn off the misfire detection by searching K_TZ_AUSS_CFG & K_TI_AUSS_CFG. But I am unable to find K_TZ_AUSS_CFG based on the damos file for MSS54. I can't find equal bits of code and currently not skilled to disassemble the file.

The vehicle was an 318i with ASC system from memory. No SMG/EGS and uses the instrument cluster of an E39 M5. Already unplugged the ABS/ASC connector to check if it makes a difference but no improvement with .

Maybe some of you had misfires with your engine(s) and can reply with the cause of it. Any ideas to check would be helpful and appreciated.

Working...
X