Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KW V3 install gone wrong... Chassis function restricted

UPDATE - FIXED!

Turns out the car had the front left vertical speed sensor unplugged by the shop that install the coilovers - but we anyway went in and deleted the EDC from the car as there was no way it was going back to stock in the foreseeable future. The magician behind the magic to fix the car? Alex from Alpine Motorsports -

I contacted Alex @ Alpine MSS - https://alpinemss.com/ - he diagnosed and fixed the car the same day, all remotely! He was on the ball as we were urgently in need to get the car fixed. Highly recommend him for any of your tuning needs! Thanks again Alex!!!

--------

Hey guys - this is for a friend of mine that just had his F80 installed with KW V3 coilovers.

As soon as the car was done, the shop that did the job didn't know how to connect the adapters for the active suspension so they left it with the stock plugs. So we just changed them all with the KW adapter kit as they mention to do in their guide.

Now starting the car again and the same thing happens - Chassis function restricted.

Here's what we've tried so far -
    - Drove around the block a couple times to see if it resets anything
    - Disconnected the battery and left it for 10 minutes
    - Checked all connections to the adapters

I read on another forum that potentially this could be a vertical acceleration sensor?

Anyone have any input on this? Currently with my friend who's very frustrated of course as M mode does not engage and the car essentially is in limp.

Thank you in advance!

Jonathan
    Attached Files
    Last edited by ChapterM3; 02-15-2022, 08:03 AM.
    - Jonathan

2004 M3 6MT Carbon Black OEM+ | Vortex Days

IIRC the EDC was optional on the F80, correct? If so, unplug the module, remove EDC from the VO, recode the car, don't worry about the simulators.

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
    2012 LMB/Black 128i
    2008 Black/Black M5 Sedan

Comment

Originally posted by Obioban View Post
      IIRC the EDC was optional on the F80, correct? If so, unplug the module, remove EDC from the VO, recode the car, don't worry about the simulators.
      All fixed now! I updated the original thread - thank you for your comment though!
      - Jonathan

2004 M3 6MT Carbon Black OEM+ | Vortex Days

Comment

Working...
      X