Style 513M wheels: Load rating?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Style 513M wheels: Load rating?

Anyone know the load rating of the OE Style 513M, by chance? (stock 18" wheel option)

EDIT: Found
    Last edited by IamFODI; 12-12-2022, 02:03 AM.
    2008 M3 Sedan 6MT
    Slicktop, no iDrive | Öhlins by 3DM Motorsport | Autosolutions | SPL

2012 Mazda5 6MT
    Koni Special Active, Volvo parts

Originally posted by IamFODI View Post
    Anyone know the load rating of the OE Style 513M, by chance? (stock 18" wheel option)
    You think they can't support the load of a porky E90

Stripper F80 M3 weighs 3560 lbs. APEX states that their forged wheels are rated at 1800 lbs, so my guess is somewhere at or slightly below that.

You can request the technical sheet from Fuchs - https://www.fuchsfelge.com/en/wheel-...wheel-321.html

Comment

Originally posted by Slideways View Post
      You think they can't support the load of a porky E90
      Hey, it's a valid concern! 🤣

I'm feeling out wheel options for street use. I like that my 219Ms have taken some serious hits without damage and I want to maximize the odds that my next wheels will hold up similarly. Not sure what spec to look at besides load rating so that's what I'm hoping to find.
      2008 M3 Sedan 6MT

2012 Mazda5 6MT

Comment

I'm feeling out wheel options for street use. I like that my 219Ms have taken some serious hits without damage and I want to maximize the odds that my next wheels will hold up similarly. Not sure what spec to look at besides load rating so that's what I'm hoping to find.
        Thanks for the link. Let's see what they say, if anything!
        2008 M3 Sedan 6MT

2012 Mazda5 6MT

Comment

I believe the 219M is a flow-form wheel. The 513M is forged and they are at least 5lbs lighter per wheel.

Comment

Wow. Got the data sheets already.

"Max. load rating" of 550kg (~1213 lbs) for the fronts and 650kg (~1433 lbs) for the rears.

Thanks again, Slideways!
            2008 M3 Sedan 6MT

2012 Mazda5 6MT

Comment

"Max. load rating" of 550kg (~1213 lbs) for the fronts and 650kg (~1433 lbs) for the rears.
              Addendum: These numbers are almost exactly 11% higher than half the respective gross axle weights on the F8x. Maybe this means that's the safety margin BMW was going for?
              2008 M3 Sedan 6MT

2012 Mazda5 6MT

Comment

Working...
              X