Waleed’s 221k mile One-Owner Silver Grey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Waleed’s 221k mile One-Owner Silver Grey

Well this was unexpected. Got word of a gentleman local to me (about an hour away) that had an m3 for sale. Immediately got his number from a friend and called him up and planned to meet the next day. It was an 06 Silver Grey/Black SMG with 221k miles, and he was the first owner. This was a gem. After inspecting it and going for a drive, I decided to pull the trigger. This was one of the cleanest M3s i’ve ever seen, and it being garage kept its entire life reflected that.

Here’s where it gets very interesting. The rod bearings, have NEVER BEEN DONE. Yup, 221k miles on original rod bearings. Crazy how properly warming up your car before driving helps. The owner also mentioned the car would die if left for a few nights after being untouched so I’ll have to track that drain down as well. Brakes were mostly gone and would need to be changed asap.

A few days after getting the car home I started hearing a loud groaning upon startup which I concluded was the power steering pump which is gonna need to be replaced.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by wildm333; 02-02-2022, 10:31 PM.

Previous owner sent me a pretty cool picture. This car hit 10,000 miles on Road Atlanta 14 years ago and this is a picture from that day. Next picture is a list of things I’m planning on doing, Rod Bearings being first and ASAP. Click image for larger version

Name:	C565D1E8-4B81-4CF0-B1F3-455112D1DCF1.jpg
Views:	357
Size:	77.9 KB
ID:	151689
    Click image for larger version

Name:	0919BDDE-AE72-490A-A49C-E0F7562792B2.png
Views:	341
Size:	60.0 KB
ID:	151690

Comment

I love this. Looks like the car was thoroughly enjoyed and taken care of.
      2005 BMW ///M3 Alpine White/Imola Red 6MT

Comment

Mileage is not the most important factor! Looks great.
        DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
        /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
        More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Working...
        X