No announcement yet.

KhanArt's Jet Black///Cinnamon 6spd E46 M3 build journal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unfortunately no updates on the car but I did recently buy a new garage for the M3 with a house attached to it. I hope to make this garage as close to the ultimate garage I always wanted. It has potential. It will take time but I'll document the progress here. So far it's just been organizing. I did finally buy a pressure washer which was long overdue.

2004 Jet Black/Cinnamon 6spd ///M3
    Build///Journal
    IG: Khan_Art_

Comment

Update: 07/22/19 Polished strut bar and oil change

*Sorry for the potato cell phone pics, will eventually take better pictures.

Inspired by a fellow E46 M3 owner I decided to give my strut bar a shot. I'm happy with the results. I am working on a solution for the bolts.

First oil change in the new garage

I got some new detailing products and tools. I did not have a pressure washer set up at the last place.

I got these two pieces for my BMW collection

Build///Journal

Comment

Update: 8/25/19 Eibach Pro Street S Coilovers, Adjustable swaybar endlinks, Front and Rear strut/shock reinforcement mounts, and ECS Tuning Monoball RSM's

Installed Eibach Pro Street S Coilovers, Adjustable swaybar endlinks, Front and Rear strut/shock reinforcement mounts, and ECS Tuning Monoball RSM's to updated my tired OEM suspension. I only did a quick 5 mile test drive but do not hear any odd sounds or rubbing. I went a little lower in the front from before and have a slight rake. These paired with the Fall Line Motorsports Monoball RTAB's and Turner Motorsports Monoball FCAB's I did previously should tie in everything together nicely.

So far I love how it rides and looks. I may update the springs later if needed. I will eventually take better pics.

by Khan Art

by Khan Art

by Khan Art

by Khan Art

by Khan Art
        Build///Journal

Comment

Forgot to make my MPACT post on here. Just like every year it was a blast. I think this may have been one of the best years due to the weather and turnout.

I didn't take much pictures but they can be found here:

The official MPACT video will be release later today. I will add it to the thread.

Here is a few shots of my car taken by Dan Wagener of Ultimate Klasse and Front Street Media.

by Khan Art

by Khan Art

Managed to bring this home some how :shifty:

by Khan Art
          Build///Journal

Comment

Picked these up about 3 weeks ago or so. This will be the before.

I need to get to work on these and start ordering parts but finally I will be addressing/overhauling my brakes ***128513;.

by Khan Art

by Khan Art

by Khan Art

by Khan Art

by Khan Art
            Build///Journal

Comment

Practiced taking some detail shots over the weekend.

by Khan Art

by Khan Art

by Khan Art

by Khan Art

by Khan Art

by Khan Art

by Khan Art

by Khan Art

by Khan Art

by Khan Art

by Khan Art

by Khan Art

by Khan Art

by Khan Art

by Khan Art

by Khan Art

by Khan Art

by Khan Art

by Khan Art

by Khan Art

by Khan Art

by Khan Art

by Khan Art

by Khan Art

by Khan Art

by Khan Art

by Khan Art

by Khan Art

by Khan Art

by Khan Art
              Build///Journal

Comment

Removed my fan shroud a few weeks back. I think it looks cleaner without it. Plus better pics of my polished strut bar. Strut bar is temporary until I get something else.

by Khan Art

Before

After

by Khan Art

by Khan Art
                Build///Journal

Comment

by Khan Art

by Khan Art

by Khan Art

by Khan Art

by Khan Art

by Khan Art

by Khan Art

by Khan Art

by Khan Art

by Khan Art
                  Build///Journal

Comment

Garage Update:

It's been a few months in the new garage. I've put up most of my wall art and got organized to a point I'm okay to work out of for now.

Future plans:

More wall art.
                    Better lighting.
                    Fan(s) for cooling.
                    A second larger tool box and of course more tools.
                    Work bench with vise.
                    Quick jack or actual lift. I have the ceilings for it.
                    Possibly repaint the walls and redo floor.

by Khan Art

by Khan Art

Build///Journal

Comment

Update: 9/27/19 IAT Sensor Relocation

I relocated my IAT sensor just below my intake and above the brake duct inlet.

I previously did live data testing of IAT temps vs ambient temps in the previous IAT sensor location. While stationary the IAT's were rising rapidly and to high levels. As soon as the vehicle began moving the temps would drop rapidly and would come very close to if not match the ambient temp.

After moving the IAT sensor closer to the brake duct the IAT's do not rise rapidly when stationary. The temps do go up but at a slower rate and do not reach temps as high as they used to in the old location. When the vehicle goes into motion the IAT's drop but not as rapidly as before. They also do not exactly match the ambient *temp. They tend to stay 4 to 10 degrees higher than ambient from what I've seen so far.

*All of this was expected and not a surprise.

For now I will keep the sensor here unless I find a reason to move it. I am also thinking of changing sensors based off recommendations I have received.

Screenshots of live temp testing before the relocation and pic of the new IAT location.
                      Build///Journal

Comment

Update: 9/28/19 Vented Beauty Cover

So I picked up a spare beauty cover some time ago with the intentions to have the vents cut out. I finally decided to just go ahead and DIY this my self. I do not recommend DIY'ing this. Anyways it came out better than I expected. While I was at it I replaced the old bubbling M badge with a new one.

by Khan Art
                        Build///Journal

Comment

Update: 10/6/19 Rogue Engineering Vanos Line

Replaced my original vanos line with a new one from Rogue Engineering, Inc.

I also began disassembling/stripping the paint from my 996 calipers.

Build///Journal

Comment

Enjoyed part of my Columbus Day off with a nice spirited drive. Weather was absolutely perfect.

by Khan Art

by Khan Art
                            Build///Journal

Comment

Update: 11/1/19 DMG Autosport Front Strut Bar

I've always been in the market for a replacement front strut bar but really couldn't find what I was looking for. The BMW Performance bar is hard to source, very expensive, and I have witnessed it breaking first hand. The Dixis bar is also hard to source and very expensive. So ultimately I was going to go with the Mason/Rogue Engineering bar. Good looking bar, functional, and good price. Until I came across DMG Autosport.

DMG had a bar that looked alike however was quite different. Full disclosure I paid for my bar so I am not going to get into the technical specs. I asked Brandon of DMG Autosport about his back ground which involved fabricating and building trophy/prerunner and Dakar trucks that compete in the premier classes desert and off road racing. He explained how his back ground in off road racing lent him a strong gauge on structural integrity and function for safety and performance. I also asked how the bar differed from the competition and from the response I received along with what I could see, I decided to give this non M3F approved part a shot. You can get the bar painted in a color of your choice or they offer it in a raw, cleared, polished like finish with the welds exposed which reminds me of the Dixis bar. Lastly the price is very reasonable for the quality of the bar.

Pictures do not do this piece any justice. In person it looks much better. Hard to explain but it is like a black/shadow chrome finish that looks wet. I am very impressed by the welds. Install was simple and straight forward. So far test driving has not shown any issues. The communication between DMG was great and these are made in America. I'm a sucker for anytime a company decides to make new quality products for our cars.

Below are some pictures uninstalled and installed. DMG also offers RACP solutions and a under carriage belly pan brace for the E46 M3. When I am ready I will reach out to see what my options are and more info. I am very happy with my purchase and love how the bar looks and performs so far. My overall experience with DMG has been great and I recommend them. You can find them on Instagram.

by Khan Art

by Khan Art

by Khan Art

by Khan Art

by Khan Art

by Khan Art

by Khan Art

by Khan Art

by Khan Art

by Khan Art

by Khan Art
                              Build///Journal

Comment

New addition to my Garage Welt deck collection.

E30 and E46 M3's, Greatest generations of the M3. Change my mind.

Click image for larger version

Name:	74889360_2506468052922638_3821758571104698368_o.jpg
Views:	261
Size:	45.1 KB
ID:	2257
                                Build///Journal

Comment

Working...
                                X