Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Slow Burn (E46 M3)

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • eforty6_m3
    replied
    Got a couple of smaller projects done last weekend before heading out to the Cape for a much needed vacation. One of which dealt with the M3. The passenger side Angel Eyes had shifted somewhat, which annoyed me. As I'm sure many of you know, they're not held on by much....two plastic clips and double-sided tape. So I removed the headlight cover and added a bunch more 3M double-sided tape and am pretty confident they'll stay put (for now):

    Click image for larger version

Name:	50144977966_3baa3b440d_c.jpg
Views:	745
Size:	150.5 KB
ID:	48074

    Click image for larger version

Name:	50144978811_f05bf8ce4a_c.jpg
Views:	735
Size:	160.7 KB
ID:	48075

    Post adjustments, making sure they still power on before buttoning it all back together:

    Click image for larger version

Name:	50144978596_4b7926b60f_c.jpg
Views:	749
Size:	130.4 KB
ID:	48076

    Click image for larger version

Name:	50144437423_32230261a1_c.jpg
Views:	751
Size:	139.3 KB
ID:	48077


    The next day, I needed to fill up on gas so used this as an excuse and hit up a nearby (empty....because COVID) movie theater for a little photo op. Think these came out fairly nice thanks to golden hour:

    Click image for larger version

Name:	50170243728_ecc474788f_c.jpg
Views:	742
Size:	228.3 KB
ID:	48078

    Click image for larger version

Name:	50184191866_ddbd638f83_z.jpg
Views:	754
Size:	149.6 KB
ID:	48079

    Click image for larger version

Name:	50156594268_fcbc20f65f_c.jpg
Views:	749
Size:	177.2 KB
ID:	48080

    Click image for larger version

Name:	50183633358_9e5e3fd04d_c.jpg
Views:	750
Size:	191.9 KB
ID:	48081

    Click image for larger version

Name:	50183620153_12aa6267d7_c.jpg
Views:	754
Size:	173.9 KB
ID:	48082

    Click image for larger version

Name:	50159007782_1f8a0b2cae_b.jpg
Views:	745
Size:	223.9 KB
ID:	48083

    Leave a comment:


  • eforty6_m3
    replied
    New Blipshift shirt to add to the already big selection (I've probably got 5 or 6 BMW-themed Blipshift shirts):

    Click image for larger version

Name:	50023594488_e77a7bb98b_c.jpg
Views:	783
Size:	136.1 KB
ID:	40872

    New BMW coffee table book; copyright of 1979, which is cool:

    Click image for larger version

Name:	50023595533_c31f338b57_c.jpg
Views:	773
Size:	263.7 KB
ID:	40873

    Click image for larger version

Name:	50024401002_40ff84eae9_c.jpg
Views:	759
Size:	120.2 KB
ID:	40874


    Needed an excuse to get the old girl out of the garage, so grocery duty was a better reason than nothing:

    Click image for larger version

Name:	50069425721_0273a77085_z.jpg
Views:	795
Size:	105.7 KB
ID:	40875

    And even though Bristol cancelled the oldest and longest running 4th of July parade, I had to partake somehow (facing traffic, nonetheless):

    Click image for larger version

Name:	50082369048_d3ce81c278_c.jpg
Views:	811
Size:	272.6 KB
ID:	40876

    Leave a comment:


  • eforty6_m3
    replied
    Originally posted by Mike0032 View Post
    Good thread is good.
    Thanks!

    Leave a comment:


  • Mike0032
    replied
    Good thread is good.

    Leave a comment:


  • eforty6_m3
    replied
    Filled up the tank for the first time this season last week. And the car looked clean, so had to:



    Click image for larger version

Name:	49989396101_e6e3da718c_c.jpg
Views:	792
Size:	182.3 KB
ID:	34626

    Leave a comment:


  • eforty6_m3
    replied
    Originally posted by KhanArt View Post
    Nice another fellow OG'er! I was following before OG was even a thing. I know your car is well taken care of from the way we are wired. Love the garage, need those socks!
    Yes sir! Same here. OG hadn't blown up quite to this level when I get hooked.

    And thanks for the kind words, man. Right back at ya! I follow you on IG and am a huge fan of your car! If you don't already, feel free to give me a follow. I try to post M3 content at least twice a week!

    Leave a comment:


  • eforty6_m3
    replied
    Originally posted by BMWahba View Post
    I need a link on that keychain!
    Store looks to be closed due to COVID, but reopening soon:

    https://stitchboots.com/

    Leave a comment:


  • KhanArt
    replied
    Nice another fellow OG'er! I was following before OG was even a thing. I know your car is well taken care of from the way we are wired. Love the garage, need those socks!

    Leave a comment:


  • BMWahba
    replied
    I need a link on that keychain!

    Leave a comment:


  • eforty6_m3
    replied
    Almost forgot. For all my fellow auto enthusiasts, I HIGHLY recommend checking out this book:

    Click image for larger version

Name:	49885782713_ed015a482d_c.jpg
Views:	808
Size:	187.8 KB
ID:	26080

    Easy ready that's very relatable and enjoyable!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by eforty6_m3; 05-18-2020, 04:31 AM.

    Leave a comment:


  • eforty6_m3
    replied
    Some minor updates, nothing all that exciting. Picked up a 2005 BMW M3 Coupe/Convertible Sales Brochure in really good condition off eBay:

    Click image for larger version  Name:	49866566751_41163dd74e_c.jpg Views:	44 Size:	86.6 KB ID:	24360

    Click image for larger version  Name:	49864842941_6ddf3ed59e_z.jpg Views:	40 Size:	102.7 KB ID:	24361

    Click image for larger version  Name:	49865152252_1abdd25610_c.jpg Views:	40 Size:	155.1 KB ID:	24362

    Click image for larger version  Name:	image_8348.jpg Views:	40 Size:	201.5 KB ID:	24363

    Click image for larger version  Name:	49865155062_43963e08f8_c.jpg Views:	39 Size:	101.4 KB ID:	24364

    I also stole an idea from Tbonem3 and swapped out the non-///M oil cap for an ///M version (which I didn't know was a thing until seeing his build thread):

    Click image for larger version  Name:	49890875268_a5d53bf6fe_c.jpg Views:	40 Size:	165.4 KB ID:	24365

    Click image for larger version  Name:	49890874653_6e32d7e821_c.jpg Views:	40 Size:	165.9 KB ID:	24366


    I also took one more step in getting the suspension dialed in. I lowered the height of the rear driver-side coilover, as it was previously sitting right around 1/2" higher. After letting it settle for a day or so, I took it for a drive during lunch today to get it completely settled. Haven't checked measurements, but just by the "finger in the wheel well" test, I can tell it's VERY close. Once the rear is set, I'll move onto the front. I think I want to raise the front a bit to reduce some of the camber and get the tires a bit more flush with the fender.

    During that lunch joyride, I stopped at my old stomping grounds which has been vacant for a while now (they're fixing it up and turning it into a more modern retail/business/lifestyle plaza instead of the "indoor" mall it used to be) and took some photos. Nothing special, just some shots with my iPhone 11 Pro Max. Which reminds me, I really need to bust out my Canon 40D and get back into using that more:

    Click image for larger version  Name:	49890884543_d54784e9cf_c.jpg Views:	39 Size:	143.2 KB ID:	24367

    Click image for larger version  Name:	49891710277_3bd3a1e314_c.jpg Views:	41 Size:	127.9 KB ID:	24368


    Click image for larger version  Name:	49890883848_a3ba404da9_c.jpg Views:	40 Size:	147.1 KB ID:	24369

    Click image for larger version  Name:	49890882898_d143f15324_c.jpg Views:	40 Size:	150.2 KB ID:	24370

    Click image for larger version  Name:	49890882958_08b996acc2_c.jpg Views:	39 Size:	166.5 KB ID:	24371

    Click image for larger version  Name:	image_8357.jpg Views:	40 Size:	171.5 KB ID:	24372
    Last edited by eforty6_m3; 05-18-2020, 04:31 AM.

    Leave a comment:


  • eforty6_m3
    replied
    Did a little something on Saturday since the weather was (finally) cooperating. Threw two car seats in the back of the M3 and went on our first family drive in it:

    Click image for larger version

Name:	49818536431_a047237e5c_c.jpg
Views:	826
Size:	99.6 KB
ID:	26074

    Click image for larger version

Name:	49826682062_14eb1d4851_c.jpg
Views:	809
Size:	132.6 KB
ID:	26075

    Stopped at my parents house to let the kids run around in the backyard for a bit. My dad is considered essential, so he still needs to go to work. And since he works at a plumbing warehouse with lots of trucks in and out per day, we decided we'd have to keep our distance from them. So, unfortunately, my kids haven't been able to hug/kiss their grandparents for well over a month. But we try to Facetime (oddly enough, they live 7 minutes away in the same town) them often and even hang out in their yard from a socially allowable distance from time to time. Took one shot of the M3 in their driveway as one of the neighbors stared at me, probably wondering why the hell I was taking a photo of my own parked car (if they only knew!):

    Click image for larger version

Name:	49826681477_3955b88e4e_c.jpg
Views:	826
Size:	210.2 KB
ID:	26076

    And finally found some free time yesterday to get my new PedalHaus pedals installed:

    Click image for larger version

Name:	49839161602_e2b429f63d_c.jpg
Views:	814
Size:	116.5 KB
ID:	26077

    Click image for larger version

Name:	49838859066_025d62e2fa_c.jpg
Views:	812
Size:	113.5 KB
ID:	26078
    Attached Files
    Last edited by eforty6_m3; 05-18-2020, 04:30 AM.

    Leave a comment:


  • eforty6_m3
    replied
    Originally posted by Inizes View Post
    Ahh that’s probably why. If I do it, I would want to keep the lock under the cover, so in case of emergency I can pop the cover off and still get to the lock to open the door.

    I suppose worse case you can go in through the trunk since you have the lock removed?
    Yeah I was going to swap the lock with the delete, but I had some issues getting it out from the old piece, so rather than risk breaking something, I let it be.

    And yep, worst case, I climb my ass through the trunk. But hopefully worst case doesn't happen, ha! Maybe I'll give removing the lock another shot sometime soon and swapping that on.

    Leave a comment:


  • Inizes
    replied
    Ahh that’s probably why. If I do it, I would want to keep the lock under the cover, so in case of emergency I can pop the cover off and still get to the lock to open the door.

    I suppose worse case you can go in through the trunk since you have the lock removed?

    Leave a comment:


  • eforty6_m3
    replied
    Originally posted by Inizes View Post
    Was the part number 51217002277? I figured trimming would be needed to get around the lock.
    Yup, that's the part number! In full disclosure, I didn't swap the lock onto the keyhole delete, so that's probably why I didn't have any issues. I figured it wasn't necessary, since I can't access it with my key, anyway, and the door still looks correctly with the keyfob.

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X