X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• eforty6_m3
    replied
    Originally posted by repoman89 View Post
    FWIW real CSLs ditch the driver side shroud piece that you trimmed. I cut mine out because I was too lazy to remove hoses, and have since removed the passenger side piece too during my Spal 2082 conversion. Working and cooling great so far, street and track. BMW also takes the front kidney CAI piece and trims off that right side lip for the CSL, so I copied their method with a hacksaw 😂

Car and garage both look great
    Interesting and good to know. It's not in the way at the moment, so I'll probably leave it as is until my hand is forced and I have to remove it, but either way, thanks for the info!

Besides, my car is nowhere near the level of a real CSL! 🤣

Thanks for the kind words about the car and garage. Cheers!

Leave a comment:

• skristedja
    replied
    Great work on the install! What'd you use to trim that shroud? I should be doing my install this weekend, was probably just going to dremel it but feel like that will be super messy

Leave a comment:

• repoman89
    replied
    FWIW real CSLs ditch the driver side shroud piece that you trimmed. I cut mine out because I was too lazy to remove hoses, and have since removed the passenger side piece too during my Spal 2082 conversion. Working and cooling great so far, street and track. BMW also takes the front kidney CAI piece and trims off that right side lip for the CSL, so I copied their method with a hacksaw 😂

Car and garage both look great

Leave a comment:

• eforty6_m3
    replied
    Gave the M3 it's first wash of the year in preparation for an overnight stay in the Cape for the wife and I this weekend to celebrate our anniversary:

And more of this CSL sexiness:

Leave a comment:

• eforty6_m3
    replied
    Not a great video, but gives you a decent sense of the induction noise provided by the new intake:

Leave a comment:

• eforty6_m3
    replied
    Originally posted by Nick_P View Post
    Great update! Couple of questions since I will be installing my airbox soon.
    1. Did you end up rotating the dipstick or did you have to bend it?
    2. Do you have a link for those ICV hose clamps that you installed after cleaning?
    Thanks, man!

I bent it up behind the strut bar. Certainly not ideal, but many others seem to have done the same thing with positive results. I didn’t like the idea of getting the CSL dipstick and having to remove part of the intake any time I wanted to check oil level.

I got them from O’Reilly Auto Parts. Pretty sure these are them: https://www.oreillyauto.com/detail/c...5-bmw-m3?pos=4

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• Nick_P
    replied
    Great update! Couple of questions since I will be installing my airbox soon.
    1. Did you end up rotating the dipstick or did you have to bend it?
    2. Do you have a link for those ICV hose clamps that you installed after cleaning?

Leave a comment:

• 0-60motorsports
    replied
    Excellent update and the best intake and tuner choice combo will make you love it even more. Enjoy

Leave a comment:

• eforty6_m3
    replied
    Let the install commence (hope you're ready for this photo overload):

Stock plenum/airbox removed:

It was Cinco de Mayo, so a margarita was necessary:

Blow by, what?!:

Dirty throttle bodies:

Removed and cleaned the ICV while it was accessible:

Clean throttle bodies!:

New Turner Motorsport throttle body boots installed:

ICV cleaned and reinstalled:

Swapped rubber mounts from stock box to the new Karb box:

Carbon Fiber sexiness:

Turner IAT kit supposedly fits all CSL intakes....EXCEPT the sensor they include 100% does not fit the Karbonius box:

THIS is the sensor I actually need. Waiting to hear back from Turner on whether or not they'll refund me for the incorrect sensor and swap with this one:

Needed to temporarily install the sensor somewhere until I get the correct one, so the tuner suggested putting it here for now:

Some fabrication (lol) work was required for the new intake to fit. Trimmed this plastic piece back about 1/4":

New CSL box installed:

Remote tuning time (courtesy of HTE Performance):

Along with the Alpha-N (CSL) tune (needed because I'm no longer running the factory MAF), I also opted for the cold start delete and a very mild burble (I was a bit skeptical, but he suggested I try it out and I am GLAD I did...it's so subtle, yet so perfect between shifts).

And tuned and all put back together:

Leave a comment:

• 0-60motorsports
    replied
    Originally posted by eforty6_m3 View Post
    It has FINALLY arrived!!!! And it's even more beautiful than I could have ever imagined!

Excellent choice

Leave a comment:

• eforty6_m3
    replied
    It has FINALLY arrived!!!! And it's even more beautiful than I could have ever imagined!

Leave a comment:

• 0-60motorsports
    replied
    Originally posted by eforty6_m3 View Post

Thanks, man! Part #: 41007140848 (20mm)

Thanks brother. I guess I’ll need two for the battery side

Leave a comment:

• eforty6_m3
    replied
    Originally posted by skristedja View Post
    Really nice work. I need to do mine too. Any idea how water/moisture is getting in there?
    Thank you! I’m not entirely sure, but I’m willing to bet it happened before I bought the car. I know people have mentioned that the tail light gaskets can leak. But I’m willing to bet it was probably caused by the battery leaking at some point.

Leave a comment:

• eforty6_m3
    replied
    Originally posted by 0-60motorsports View Post
    Looks great. Do you happen to have the plug part numbers? I need some too. Thanks
    Thanks, man! Part #: 41007140848 (20mm)

Leave a comment:

• skristedja
    replied
    Really nice work. I need to do mine too. Any idea how water/moisture is getting in there?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X