• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• eforty6_m3
    replied
    Mounted my Deckorate M3 deck in the perfect location above my desk:

And my collection of items that await the M3 for some pampering:

I also managed to hand wash the M340i on Friday, as the temps were hovering around 60. This car looks so good clean:

While drying the door jambs, in all my recent Karbonius craze, I found that I had almost forgotten how beautiful the CF intake was on this car:

And lastly, I installed the optional european-model only OEM first aid kit on the M3:

Leave a comment:

• eforty6_m3
    replied
    Originally posted by Nick_P View Post

I recently ordered one from apmotorsport in UK for my Evolve CSL airbox. They might still have some in stock
    Good to know. I just contacted them...I’ll see what they say. At the end of the day, I still won’t have my intake until around the same time, so it’s really not a big deal if i have to wait.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• Nick_P
    replied
    Originally posted by eforty6_m3 View Post

I sure hope not (don't think I will be!!). And you weren't kidding...the shut off valve currently has an in stock ETA of 4/12/21. Ordering what I believe is the rest of what I'll need today, for sure!
    I recently ordered one from apmotorsport in UK for my Evolve CSL airbox. They might still have some in stock

Leave a comment:

• eforty6_m3
    replied
    Originally posted by M3logik View Post
    You will not be disappointed by the intake. Make sure and order all the required parts now as sometimes there are delays from BMW.
    I sure hope not (don't think I will be!!). And you weren't kidding...the shut off valve currently has an in stock ETA of 4/12/21. Ordering what I believe is the rest of what I'll need today, for sure!

Leave a comment:

• eforty6_m3
    replied
    Originally posted by 0-60motorsports View Post
    Best choice on the intake
    Thanks, man...I think so, too! 👍

Leave a comment:

• eforty6_m3
    replied
    Originally posted by heinzboehmer View Post
    Awesome. CSL intake is worth it for the sound alone.
    That's what pushed me to make the purchase. I'm not looking for any big performance gains. I want some crazy-ass induction noises!! 👍

Leave a comment:

• M3logik
    replied
    You will not be disappointed by the intake. Make sure and order all the required parts now as sometimes there are delays from BMW.

Leave a comment:

• 0-60motorsports
    replied
    Best choice on the intake

Leave a comment:

• heinzboehmer
    replied
    Awesome. CSL intake is worth it for the sound alone.

Leave a comment:

• eforty6_m3
    replied
    Couple things...let's start off with the really exciting part. I placed an order on Friday for something that I've wanted for the M3 since day one. I went back and forth trying to figure out how to spend this money, from a potential exhaust for the M340i, to some fun bits for the M3, to maybe splitting it up and getting some smaller items for both cars.

But in the end, the M3 won out. I decided to order a CSL-style intake. More specifically, what many claim to be the best non-OEM option on the market (I've even seen some claim that it's BETTER than OEM, but that's certainly up for debate). I went with the Karbonius Full Carbon intake. This thing truly is a work of art...unfortunately, they are back-ordered, so my ETA as of now is 8 weeks (which happens to coincide with the beginning of "driving season" here in New England, more or less).

As many of you know, Karbonius is located in Spain, so I'm sure COVID and shipping from overseas isn't going to help my cause much, but I'll use that time to also update some of the cooling system (mainly the water pump and thermostat), since it's much easier to do so when the airbox is out of the car.

Here are a bunch of drool-worthy stock photos of the airbox to feast your eyes on:

And a photo of one installed:

I realize that power gains will be minimal, but I didn't buy it for power. I bought it for noise. I look forward to hearing this thing each time I drive my car for a long time to come.

As for the other bit of news...much less exciting, but still a good change for the garage. I'm having the attic space above the garage insulated with 9.3" of R30 Open Blow Cellulose Insulation, along with one Wind Shear Vent installed per bay.

I'm only doing the attic for now because, as I've alluded to several times here, I plan on adding a 3rd stall down the road. So I'd hate to spend the money to insulate that far wall only to have it ripped down in a few years. I might have them do the back wall come the fall, but my main focus was the attic space, since that's where the majority of heat loss occurs.

They're actually coming tomorrow, so I'll have to move the M3 temporarily since the attic access is located directly above the old girl. Very exciting to see what sort of temps I can expect to see with the newly added insulation.

Luckily, it never really gets below freezing in there and that's with ZERO insulation. So perhaps another 10 degrees or such, but maybe that's me being way too optimistic. Guess I'll find out.

One last VERY unexciting thing. I FINALLY picked up some flat-bottomed jack stands. Hoping this alleviates the need for me to put a layer between my current jack stands and the Swisstrax to help prevent the sharp corners of the stands from cutting into the tiles. I went with Torin Big Red T43004 jack stands.

Only grabbed one set for now, but will probably end up grabbing another so that I can get a vehicle completely off the ground and up on jack stands if and when need be.

So, yeah, think that's all for now. Cheers!

Leave a comment:

• eforty6_m3
    replied
    Originally posted by JudahJD904 View Post
    I'm so jealous of your garage. It looks every bit of 13 feet high, plenty of room for a full size 2 post lift. Nice Journal too.
    Thanks, man! It’s about 12’ tall. Plan is to probably add a 4 post lift sometime in the fall. Long term, I’d like to add a 3rd stall to the garage.

Sorry for the delay in responding.

Leave a comment:

• JudahJD904
    replied
    I'm so jealous of your garage. It looks every bit of 13 feet high, plenty of room for a full size 2 post lift. Nice Journal too.

Leave a comment:

• eforty6_m3
    replied
    In the process of changing my oil recently, I also took a sample and sent it off to Blackstone Laboratories. Figured at just over 100k miles was a good time to get the oil tested and see what I'm working with. Happy to say that the oil report came back very positive. I've attached the pdf. Will probably do this once a year moving forward to keep an eye on that S54 and hopefully ensure that no catastrophic issues occur.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• eforty6_m3
    replied
    Took the car for one last spin before tucking her away for winter...to one of my favorite spots: Colt State Park in Bristol,RI:

Click image for larger version

Name:	50586619672_a98de0886b_c.jpg
Views:	513
Size:	229.0 KB
ID:	68334

Gave the old girl a proper wash and oil change before throwing on the car cover:

Name:	50581856322_f57b556ea6_c.jpg
Views:	504
Size:	104.6 KB
ID:	68335

Name:	50584066038_eaf34c1275_c.jpg
Views:	495
Size:	191.4 KB
ID:	68336

Name:	50584805436_9a77ab548d_c.jpg
Views:	509
Size:	182.6 KB
ID:	68337

Name:	50584805491_c8f88f8ec6_c.jpg
Views:	513
Size:	187.0 KB
ID:	68338

And added another Blipshift shirt to my collection:

Name:	50607928907_e94a8ac911_c.jpg
Views:	505
Size:	238.5 KB
ID:	68340

Time for the new daily to be my full-time driving escape...until the Spring!

Name:	50619353512_64a997138b_b.jpg
Views:	507
Size:	290.4 KB
ID:	68341
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• eforty6_m3
    replied
    Originally posted by r4dr View Post
    Your car just sold me on getting ZCPs, damn. Are you running any spacers? What tire widths?
    I’m glad I could be a source of inspiration.

Yes...15mm up front and 12 in the rear.

Front tires: 225/40/19
    Rear tires: 255/35/19

👍🏻

Leave a comment:

Working...
X