Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Slow Burn (E46 M3)

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • eforty6_m3
    replied
    Originally posted by Tbonem3 View Post
    That's not the kit's fault. You can buy the kit sans IAT:



    I bought the full kit as the IAT option was good for me, personally.
    I needed the whole kit, though, for the IAT. And since it said it worked with CSL style intakes, I just assumed (yep, my first mistake) it would work with my Karb box. Lesson learned.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    Leave a comment:


  • Tbonem3
    replied
    That's not the kit's fault. You can buy the kit sans IAT:



    I bought the full kit as the IAT option was good for me, personally.

    Leave a comment:


  • eforty6_m3
    replied
    Originally posted by Onefastsicilian View Post

    It came with the wrong IAT. I guess their kit is meant for a stock car that you drill a hole and mount the IAT somewhere else.
    Oh, right. Well it’s deceiving because if you look at the item on the website, it says that it works with CSL style intakes, specifically. Super deceiving.

    Anyway, can’t remember if I posted this or not but they finally sent me the right one. When I decide to install it, I’ll have to have my car re-tuned so I’m not in a rush to do that just yet.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    Leave a comment:


  • Onefastsicilian
    replied
    Originally posted by eforty6_m3 View Post

    What issue is that?
    It came with the wrong IAT. I guess their kit is meant for a stock car that you drill a hole and mount the IAT somewhere else.

    Leave a comment:


  • eforty6_m3
    replied
    Originally posted by Onefastsicilian View Post
    I had the same issue with the turner IATkit.. i wish i didnt waste money on it.
    What issue is that?

    Leave a comment:


  • Onefastsicilian
    replied
    I had the same issue with the turner IATkit.. i wish i didnt waste money on it.

    Leave a comment:


  • eforty6_m3
    replied
    A few days back, I replaced my side markers with some new OEM bits. Crazy the difference these little guys make when they aren't old and faded. Little by little, slowly getting my car refreshed.

    Click image for larger version  Name:	51226359110_8be20cb8b0_c.jpg Views:	126 Size:	147.9 KB ID:	109466​

    Click image for larger version  Name:	51225500913_efe9e7f5a2_c.jpg Views:	124 Size:	105.2 KB ID:	109467​

    Click image for larger version  Name:	51226359120_4b881686d9_c.jpg Views:	122 Size:	137.7 KB ID:	109469​


    Click image for larger version  Name:	51226359125_57479596d9_c.jpg Views:	125 Size:	153.5 KB ID:	109468​

    Click image for larger version  Name:	51225500853_b876239c9d_c.jpg Views:	122 Size:	92.8 KB ID:	109470​

    Leave a comment:


  • eforty6_m3
    replied
    Originally posted by 03m3vrt View Post
    I love that color so much
    Thanks! It certainly wasn't my first choice, but it has really grown on me!

    Leave a comment:


  • 03m3vrt
    replied
    I love that color so much

    Leave a comment:


  • eforty6_m3
    replied
    Originally posted by skristedja View Post
    Great work on the install! What'd you use to trim that shroud? I should be doing my install this weekend, was probably just going to dremel it but feel like that will be super messy
    Thanks, man! I used an oscillating multi-tool. Cut right through it like butter and easy to handle to ensure a clean cut.

    Leave a comment:


  • eforty6_m3
    replied
    Originally posted by repoman89 View Post
    FWIW real CSLs ditch the driver side shroud piece that you trimmed. I cut mine out because I was too lazy to remove hoses, and have since removed the passenger side piece too during my Spal 2082 conversion. Working and cooling great so far, street and track. BMW also takes the front kidney CAI piece and trims off that right side lip for the CSL, so I copied their method with a hacksaw 😂

    Car and garage both look great
    Interesting and good to know. It's not in the way at the moment, so I'll probably leave it as is until my hand is forced and I have to remove it, but either way, thanks for the info!

    Besides, my car is nowhere near the level of a real CSL! 🤣

    Thanks for the kind words about the car and garage. Cheers!

    Leave a comment:


  • skristedja
    replied
    Great work on the install! What'd you use to trim that shroud? I should be doing my install this weekend, was probably just going to dremel it but feel like that will be super messy

    Leave a comment:


  • repoman89
    replied
    FWIW real CSLs ditch the driver side shroud piece that you trimmed. I cut mine out because I was too lazy to remove hoses, and have since removed the passenger side piece too during my Spal 2082 conversion. Working and cooling great so far, street and track. BMW also takes the front kidney CAI piece and trims off that right side lip for the CSL, so I copied their method with a hacksaw 😂

    Car and garage both look great

    Leave a comment:


  • eforty6_m3
    replied
    Gave the M3 it's first wash of the year in preparation for an overnight stay in the Cape for the wife and I this weekend to celebrate our anniversary:














    And more of this CSL sexiness:



    Leave a comment:


  • eforty6_m3
    replied
    Not a great video, but gives you a decent sense of the induction noise provided by the new intake:

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X