If this is your first visit, be sure to
check out the FAQ by clicking the
link above. You may have to register
before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages,
select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
I bought the full kit as the IAT option was good for me, personally.
I needed the whole kit, though, for the IAT. And since it said it worked with CSL style intakes, I just assumed (yep, my first mistake) it would work with my Karb box. Lesson learned.
It came with the wrong IAT. I guess their kit is meant for a stock car that you drill a hole and mount the IAT somewhere else.
Oh, right. Well it’s deceiving because if you look at the item on the website, it says that it works with CSL style intakes, specifically. Super deceiving.
Anyway, can’t remember if I posted this or not but they finally sent me the right one. When I decide to install it, I’ll have to have my car re-tuned so I’m not in a rush to do that just yet.
A few days back, I replaced my side markers with some new OEM bits. Crazy the difference these little guys make when they aren't old and faded. Little by little, slowly getting my car refreshed.
Great work on the install! What'd you use to trim that shroud? I should be doing my install this weekend, was probably just going to dremel it but feel like that will be super messy
Thanks, man! I used an oscillating multi-tool. Cut right through it like butter and easy to handle to ensure a clean cut.
FWIW real CSLs ditch the driver side shroud piece that you trimmed. I cut mine out because I was too lazy to remove hoses, and have since removed the passenger side piece too during my Spal 2082 conversion. Working and cooling great so far, street and track. BMW also takes the front kidney CAI piece and trims off that right side lip for the CSL, so I copied their method with a hacksaw 😂
Car and garage both look great
Interesting and good to know. It's not in the way at the moment, so I'll probably leave it as is until my hand is forced and I have to remove it, but either way, thanks for the info!
Besides, my car is nowhere near the level of a real CSL! 🤣
Thanks for the kind words about the car and garage. Cheers!
Great work on the install! What'd you use to trim that shroud? I should be doing my install this weekend, was probably just going to dremel it but feel like that will be super messy
FWIW real CSLs ditch the driver side shroud piece that you trimmed. I cut mine out because I was too lazy to remove hoses, and have since removed the passenger side piece too during my Spal 2082 conversion. Working and cooling great so far, street and track. BMW also takes the front kidney CAI piece and trims off that right side lip for the CSL, so I copied their method with a hacksaw 😂
Leave a comment: