Picked up an Imola Rot.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Picked up an Imola Rot.....

...... Razor blade with a S54..... to go along with a Phoenix Gelb Scalpel with a S54 and an Interlagos Blau steak knife with a S65 !

She's a 07 M coupe IR on IR with 62k on the clock. The red on red is more appealing in person than photos surprisingly. Car doesn't have navi which was a huge plus for me and the stainless dash is sweet option. This thing is an absolute blast to drive in the twisties and I plan to DD it ! Previous owner just did the rob bearing job with VAC coated bearings about 2k miles ago and car has had a ton of recent maintenance done.

I plan to do the beisan vanos overhaul and some more maintenance items and take care of anything suspension wise that needs to be done. There are some things that I will need to refurbish around the car, pull a couple dents then polish the paint. I'll probably throw CSL wheels on her as well as a sporty muffler. Maybe a CSL style airbox down the line too and perhaps a set of recaro sportsters if I get tired of the stock seats !

I'll probably document everything on here as I work on the car. Here are some pics from the listing !

Click image for larger version  Name:	1.jpg Views:	0 Size:	192.2 KB ID:	184109 Click image for larger version  Name:	4.jpg Views:	0 Size:	167.2 KB ID:	184110

Click image for larger version  Name:	17.jpg Views:	0 Size:	187.7 KB ID:	184111

Click image for larger version  Name:	21.jpg Views:	0 Size:	215.6 KB ID:	184112

Click image for larger version  Name:	1.jpg Views:	0 Size:	151.7 KB ID:	184113

I know what you guys are thinking...

Click image for larger version  Name:	61zfuiS3WNL._SL1000_.jpg Views:	0 Size:	69.5 KB ID:	184114
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Maxima SE; 09-11-2022, 05:56 PM.
    2005 Phoenix Yellow M3 Coupe 6spd
    2013 Interlagos Blue M3 Coupe 6spd ZCP, CF roof
    2007 Imola Red Z4M Coupe

Congrats, ver nice collection

Comment

Nice pick up!
      DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
      /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
      More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Congrats on the excellent buy! I love all of your skittle cars - awesome collection you got there...so jelly. Imola is a great color on the Z. I picked up my 2008 Z4MC back in 2010 with 7.8k and currently sits at approx. 67.5k smiles. I semi-DD mine and took it on lots of road trips over the years and countless canyon runs.

What muffler are you planning to get? The stock ball sacks are really tamed. For a relatively small production run car, there are surprisingly quite a lot of muffler selections for the platform.

Here's how my Imola MC currently sits.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Z4M_FireTour.jpg Views:	0 Size:	243.1 KB ID:	184276
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Xmetal; 09-12-2022, 09:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Xmetal View Post
          Congrats on the excellent buy! I love all of your skittle cars - awesome collection you got there...so jelly. Imola is a great color on the Z. I picked up my 2008 Z4MC back in 2010 with 7.8k and currently sits at approx. 67.5k smiles. I semi-DD mine and took it on lots of road trips over the years and countless canyon runs.

What muffler are you planning to get? The stock ball sacks are really tamed. For a relatively small production run car, there are surprisingly quite a lot of muffler selections for the platform.

Here's how my Imola MC currently sits.
          Thanks !

Nice looking Z right there ! The dark BBS wheels really go well with Imola ! I am sure you have had tons of fun on the canyons with it. These things feel like a go cart !

I have not researched all of the muffler options out there since there are a ton of options like you said. Do you have an exhaust on your car? I am looking for something sporty and not crazy loud. So far Rogue El Diablo is what I got my eyes on. I have it on my E46 as well and I have always liked their products. And you are right about the OEM ball sacks lol they are really quiet and they do look like hanging ball sacks which makes the rear end look aggressive. Some of the aftermarket options have a really smaller muffler housing and all you see from the rear is the tips which I do not like. so a bigger polished muffler housing and nice muffler tips is a must for me. I think El diablo is a good option but I will look to see what else is out there...

OEM muffler housing

Click image for larger version

Name:	bmw-z4-m-rear.jpg
Views:	398
Size:	90.0 KB
ID:	184330

Rogue

Click image for larger version  Name:	a969d655679e0d42159f568cf22a27d8--video-clip-sapphire.jpg Views:	0 Size:	117.5 KB ID:	184324
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Maxima SE; 09-13-2022, 07:57 AM.
          2007 Imola Red Z4M Coupe

Comment

If you haven't seen this "The Ultimate Z4M Exhaust Guide" over on ZPost, have a gander...although I don't know how many are still in production => https://www.zpost.com/forums/showthr...&highlight=z4m

The El Diablo drone quite a bit from what I've researched, especially on the coupe.

I'm on my 3rd and final setup - Eisenmann Sport + RE X-pipe. Here's what I've tried thus far:
            1. Supersprint Race was way too loud for my taste. It was turning heads everywhere and it drone really bad in a coupe. I took it off less than a week. Definitely not recommend if you don't like a loud exhaust.
            2. Remus is pretty quiet in my opinion - just slightly louder than stock with a slightly deeper sound. I liked the tips, but it wasn't that much of an improvement over stock for me. Most of my friends didn't even know I had an exhaust until I mentioned it. But it does get loud if you have other exhaust mods according to some, but it was pretty tamed if with everything else stock.
            3. Eisenmann Sport is what I currently have. It's comparable to Remus in loudness, but not as "bassy". I have to add an RE x-pipe to get it to where I'm 95% happy with it now. But still would like it to be a bit louder sometime. Sometimes, I'm second guessing myself and thought if I should have gotten the Eisenmann Race instead.
            4. I've heard Stromung and I think that's the best value. The only thing I didn't like was the tips weren't large enough and it sticks out a bit. They can do custom tips, but it was either the standard 76mm or 90mm for the e92 M3, which is too large for my taste.
            Here's a couple of pictures comparing the Eisenmann to the Remus.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Eisenmann.jpg Views:	0 Size:	209.3 KB ID:	184354
            Click image for larger version  Name:	Eisenmann_Remus.jpg Views:	0 Size:	171.7 KB ID:	184353
            Attached Files
            Last edited by Xmetal; 09-13-2022, 10:29 AM.

Comment

Here's a better Eisenmann a$$ pix for you The tips really fill in the opening nicely.

Click image for larger version

Name:	2017-FireTour123.jpg
Views:	285
Size:	69.0 KB
ID:	184373
              Attached Files
              Last edited by Xmetal; 09-13-2022, 01:42 PM.

Comment

Yes I saw that thread. The eisenmann looks really nice. I am considering that one or SS sport as well. I don't think I want a super loud exhaust. I have ran catless headers with a race exhaust before and it was brutal on my E46. I just want something a little more loud and throw a CSL style airbox on it for some induction noise. Stromung has really good reviews but the muffler housing is really smaller and all you see are the tips.
                2007 Imola Red Z4M Coupe

Comment

Bear in mind that you're also sitting a lot closer to the mufflers in the MC than you do in the M3 - you're essentially sitting in the backseat of your E46!

Comment

I have had several setups too, and the reality is that is tough to get it right on the S54 engined cars

1. Stromung with RE X Pipe and Euro Headers and DFK 300 cell cats. It was very loud and droned a lot
                    2. Remus with SS X Pipe and Euro Headers and DFK 300 cell cats. It was too loud, to the point I moved on in two days
                    3. Remus with OE X Pipe and Euro Headers and DFK 300 cell cats. It is still loud, to the point where it can overcome the CSL airbox (Current setup)
                    4. Stock Mufflers with SS X Pipe and Euro Headers and DFK 300 cell cats. This was in my opinion the best, quite, but with character, and would allow the full CSL airbox experience

The only reason why I don't move to set up 4 is because I was stupid enough to sell both X pipes, the RE and SS, now they are too expensive so just stick with what I have, or install the OE mufflers back on

This is how mine sounds

windows down: https://www.instagram.com/p/CYe7wMrFDJO/
                    inside the car: https://www.instagram.com/p/CT27PbrFkvv/

Comment

Originally posted by maupineda View Post
                      I have had several setups too, and the reality is that is tough to get it right on the S54 engined cars

1. Stromung with RE X Pipe and Euro Headers and DFK 300 cell cats. It was very loud and droned a lot
                      2. Remus with SS X Pipe and Euro Headers and DFK 300 cell cats. It was too loud, to the point I moved on in two days
                      3. Remus with OE X Pipe and Euro Headers and DFK 300 cell cats. It is still loud, to the point where it can overcome the CSL airbox (Current setup)
                      4. Stock Mufflers with SS X Pipe and Euro Headers and DFK 300 cell cats. This was in my opinion the best, quite, but with character, and would allow the full CSL airbox experience

The only reason why I don't move to set up 4 is because I was stupid enough to sell both X pipes, the RE and SS, now they are too expensive so just stick with what I have, or install the OE mufflers back on

This is how mine sounds

windows down: https://www.instagram.com/p/CYe7wMrFDJO/
                      inside the car: https://www.instagram.com/p/CT27PbrFkvv/
                      That sounds good but a little too loud for my taste for daily purposes. I like what you did with the gauges. I wish the stock gauges were as nice as the E46 M3.

Do either of you have cruise control? That may be something I would need to retrofit !
                      2007 Imola Red Z4M Coupe

Comment

Question. Do you happen to like M cars?

Congrats! Nice, rare and clean example.

Comment

Originally posted by MotorSportThree View Post
                          Question. Do you happen to like M cars?

Congrats! Nice, rare and clean example.
                          Thanks ! I like a lot of the older M cars. Mostly E chassis cars with engines that call for 10w60. Hopefully one day I get to own an E39 M5 and V10 M5/M6. These are cars that I grew up wanting and some of the best M cars ever made, unlike the trash BMW makes nowadays.
                          2007 Imola Red Z4M Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by Maxima SE View Post

Thanks ! I like a lot of the older M cars. Mostly E chassis cars with engines that call for 10w60. Hopefully one day I get to own an E39 M5 and V10 M5/M6. These are cars that I grew up wanting and some of the best M cars ever made, unlike the trash BMW makes nowadays.
                            I think you just like all those BMW engines that are always on the brink of going kaboom due to rod bearing(s) failure....oooooh the excitement of each drive

That sounds good but a little too loud for my taste for daily purposes. I like what you did with the gauges. I wish the stock gauges were as nice as the E46 M3.

Do either of you have cruise control? That may be something I would need to retrofit !
                            Yes, I have cruise control. I thought all Z4M had cruise control?
                            Last edited by Xmetal; 09-14-2022, 09:19 PM.

Comment

Hi, agree is a bit too loud. Yes, i have cruise control but it does not work, unfortunately on the Z4M DME, Alpha-N disables CC.

Comment

Working...
                              X