No announcement yet.

Steve's 2005 Jet Black Coupe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Received the Beisan hub, pump disk and various seals on Friday. Everything looks to be high quality. Waiting on some gaskets and timing tools to come in, but hoping to attack this next weekend.

Also had Hill Performance machine my bellhousing and picked it up on Saturday. Installed a new clutch on Sunday and then reinstalled the trans. Can't wait to drive the car to see what i think but still have several hours of work until I can do that.

Comment

Finally got the car completed. It was down for a good bit, but I got a ton of things done to it so it was worth it. It also took a little longer than expected because I flew to California and picked up a new neglected project in the middle of working on it...

The night before I flew to CA I installed the clutch pedal.

Then I lost nearly a week as I was dead tired after driving home 1500 miles.

Once I recovered I decided to do the Vanos. I am super happy that I caught this before the other tab broke as it could have gotten ugly fast.

Beisan Exhaust Hub installed. I also used the rest of their offerings as they seem to be the way to go with these cars.

Finally, I installed new engine mounts, wired the clutch switch and coded the car.

It started up perfectly without any warnings lights and I took it for a drive.

Was the swap worth it? Yes, it's like a new car now and seems much smoother. Took the wife to lunch in it and she commented that it was much better now so it was an overall win.

Finally, all of the single clutch sequential transmissions are out of my life...or are they
      Last edited by Steve; 07-06-2020, 06:32 AM.

Comment

Kudos to you for the work you put in to her. She's a beau! I'm looking for more updates.

Comment

I've been daily driving the car since completing it and I'm in love with it all over again. The dead spot when accelerating is also gone. I had previously contributed the dead spot to the csl tune with stock cams/cats; however, it must have been something else. Strange, but glad it is gone. Ended up not installing the headers for now as I didn't want to deal with a stinky car.

Comment

Working...
          X