Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Phoenix Yellow Street / Track Build (Protomachine x RS Future)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Also, I reinstalled the trunk lining for a more finished look:

IMO, so much better.

Comment

Which front splitter are you using?

Comment

Originally posted by racinghart View Post
        Which front splitter are you using?
        The lip itself is made by Kitamo (really just a CF ACS rep), Splitter is a Hard Motorsports E36 splitter my friend had lying around in his shop, the mounts/brackets are from Buildjournal.

Comment

Before you go with a bigger front splitter, you may try playing with the shocks a bit. I, like you, enjoy a more playful car that tends more towards oversteer than understeer. Pre-aero, my s54 e36 m3 was very eager to rotate under throttle. When I initially installed aero, I noticed quite a bit of understeer, especially at low speed which was frustrating. I added a two clicks of compression to the rear and now at low speed the car is back to its normal self. I will say that my front splitter is bigger than yours, but I was surprised by the difference a simple shock change made. I still have some fine tuning to do, as I would expect with such a big change like aero.

Comment

Originally posted by lcrain View Post
            Before you go with a bigger front splitter, you may try playing with the shocks a bit. I, like you, enjoy a more playful car that tends more towards oversteer than understeer. Pre-aero, my s54 e36 m3 was very eager to rotate under throttle. When I initially installed aero, I noticed quite a bit of understeer, especially at low speed which was frustrating. I added a two clicks of compression to the rear and now at low speed the car is back to its normal self. I will say that my front splitter is bigger than yours, but I was surprised by the difference a simple shock change made. I still have some fine tuning to do, as I would expect with such a big change like aero.
            Thanks for the tip. I'll give that a go. Honestly, I was just going to put the Hamann wing back on for now since I was more entertained how it drove with that setup.

Comment

Awesome build man!
              Hows the fitment on the sunroof delete? Any advice to the install? Looking to delete the sunroof for my street/track car

Comment

Originally posted by enjoy_m3 View Post
                Awesome build man!
                Hows the fitment on the sunroof delete? Any advice to the install? Looking to delete the sunroof for my street/track car
                I'd say the fitment was pretty good for a race car part. it sits maybe 1mm lower than the roof line but that might have to do with the seal I used. It used all the factory mounting points so that made things very easy, I ended up using 3M butyl tape to seal it. If you've ever removed a door panel, it's basically the same stuff that seals the vapor barrier. My friend recommended I use that because it won't crack over time due to heat and fills in all the gaps well.

Comment

I'm pretty excited that my interchangeable wing setup actually worked. I put the Hamann spoiler back on and there are no visible holes:

Comment

beautiful car!
                    If I am not mistaken, the TE37SL have 22 offset?
                    What cambers are you running? Do you have any rubbing issues?
                    The Nitto NT01 275 width tires are wider than "normal" 275 tires. I can't believe you are not rubbing.

I have 18x9.5 et22 with 275 Conti DW tires for the street and negative camber in the rear. The rear tire barely clears the fender! my fenders are rolled too.
                    I am switching to 18x9.5 ET35 offset wheel so I can run 275 NT01
                    2005 IR M3 Slick Top 6speed. Mods - too much to list!
                    18 R8 RWS.
                    19 Vantage
                    15 YMB F80 M3 DCT - gone
                    Other cars too boring to list.

Comment

Love this build! Personally I'd paint the hood vents PY but car is looking super functional

Comment

Originally posted by Hyperboost View Post
                        beautiful car!
                        If I am not mistaken, the TE37SL have 22 offset?
                        What cambers are you running? Do you have any rubbing issues?
                        The Nitto NT01 275 width tires are wider than "normal" 275 tires. I can't believe you are not rubbing.

I have 18x9.5 et22 with 275 Conti DW tires for the street and negative camber in the rear. The rear tire barely clears the fender! my fenders are rolled too.
                        I am switching to 18x9.5 ET35 offset wheel so I can run 275 NT01

Yup, 18x9.5 et22. I'm running -4.2 degrees front and -3.2 degrees rear camber. It rubbed a bit in the rear when I added a 5mm spacer in the rear but I left it because it looked good.

Comment

Recall seeing your thread on the old M3F, love this build and can't wait to see where it continues to go. Street/track interchangeable wing setup is super cool too.

Comment

Working...
                          X