No announcement yet.

Pipe's Carbon Black/M texture M3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ah thanks for the shout out, only just saw this! Glad you're happy.

Comment

Since I got the SCZA section 3 I wasn't happy with the tips I chose, 80mm titanium ones, and neither with how they attach to the car. I got a fabricator to make some 2.5" tips and aligned them similar to a Supersprint section 3. I'm finally happy with how the rear end of the car looks. Next will be getting the car polished and coated and also ordered some OEM bixenon headlights.

Comment

The halogen lights output was never the greatest even though I had some top of the line Philips bulbs. So I pulled the trigger and bought some US spec bixenon headlights, they were in excellent condition and everything works as it should. I still have to wire the bixenon but it seems that the default euro configuration is to have the inner halogen headlight turned on too, so that might simple things up. What I’m still debating is if I want to retrofit the city lights or not, but will probably end up doing it (just need to drill the holes in the headlights housing).

In process.

Done.

Comment

20mm front and 15mm rear Apex spacers were installed along bullet head studs.

I think the spacers improved the look of the style 67s a lot, looks much more aggressive. The car is getting polished and ceramic coated at the moment and should be done in about 10 days, I'm pretty anxious with how the result will look like.

Comment

Got the car back from getting polished and ceramic coated and I’m in awe with the result. The car was polished and coated with Gtechniq Serum Light and Exo V4 as a top coat. The wheel wells and floor were also cleaned and coated to make them easier to clean and preserve the plastics.

Comment

Nice job on the boot floor buddy.

Comment

Money well spent, car looking excellent bro.
                2003.5 MT JB/B - CSL SCHRICK SUPERSPRINT EISENMANN JRZ SWIFT MILLWAY APR ENDLESS BBS/SSR DREXLER KMP SACHS RECARO AR SLON MKRS GSP DMG KARBONIUS CP AUTOSOLUTIONS KOYO

Comment

Originally posted by R60BBA View Post
                  Nice job on the boot floor buddy.
                  Thanks! We tried to make it look as OEM and as neat as possible.

Originally posted by jet_dogg View Post
                  Money well spent, car looking excellent bro.
                  Thanks! It's like a brand new car from the outside haha, next year I should focus on the interior since it's letting down the rest of the car.

Here are some extra pictures that the detailer sent me of the finished product.

Comment

The sad reality is that CB only looks good for a small amount of time. I remember when I got my car ceramic coated and PC'ed.

I didn't want to even use the thing lol
                    2004 BMW ///M3 Carbon Black/Cinnamon 6MT
                    2005 BMW ///M3
                    Interlagos Blue/Black 6MT Dinan S3-R

2008 BMW ///M3 Alpine White/Bamboo/6MT Track Build
                    2000 BMW ///M5 Royal Red/Extended Caramel 6MT
                    2004 BMW X5 Toledo Blue/Sand Beige 6MT
                    2023 Toyota Supra //A91-MT CULG/Hazelnut 6MT

Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by Sharocks View Post
                      The sad reality is that CB only looks good for a small amount of time. I remember when I got my car ceramic coated and PC'ed.

I didn't want to even use the thing lol
                      Haha yeah, by the time I got home the car already looked dirty again. Such a difficult color to keep looking clean, hopefully the coating makes it a little bit more difficult to get scratched.

Comment

Pipe, get you a proper wash mitt, two buckets, good shampoo and high quality towels and you'll be able to preserve the finish for longer.

Pressure washer with foam cannon is essential to removing the most grime possible before contact with the paint.

Your detailer should have given you some tips/advice.
                        2003.5 MT JB/B - CSL SCHRICK SUPERSPRINT EISENMANN JRZ SWIFT MILLWAY APR ENDLESS BBS/SSR DREXLER KMP SACHS RECARO AR SLON MKRS GSP DMG KARBONIUS CP AUTOSOLUTIONS KOYO

Comment

Pipe, get you a proper wash mitt, two buckets, good shampoo and high quality towels and you'll be able to preserve the finish for longer.

Pressure washer with foam cannon is essential to removing the most grime possible before contact with the paint.

Your detailer should have given you some tips/advice.
                          Yeah he did but I already did most of them (good mitt, 2 bucket method, straight lines, good microfibers). He did tell me to use a special Gtechniq shampoo that's designed to be used with their ceramic coatings and to use a Gtechniq "lubricant" to prevent scratches while drying it. He also told me that coatings and very prone to getting watermarks so washing it in the very late afternoon is a must while making sure water doesn't dry on the paint.

Comment

That's the sign of a good detailer. Personally I would use a lambswool mitt as I believe it to be the best option. Also the rinse should be thorough at the very beginning of the wash.

When I make contact with the paint there is only a very light road film left. This is what you want to avoid abrasion. Don't ever touch the paint ie. dusting, wiping, quick detailing, etc after the car has been washed or dried.

Comment

That's the sign of a good detailer. Personally I would use a lambswool mitt as I believe it to be the best option. Also the rinse should be thorough at the very beginning of the wash.

When I make contact with the paint there is only a very light road film left. This is what you want to avoid abrasion. Don't ever touch the paint ie. dusting, wiping, quick detailing, etc after the car has been washed or dried.
                              Yeah, he is probably the best in Uruguay where detailing is a pretty new field and he's been at it for a long time. Yeah I have a lambswool mitt and a normal microfiber one too and I tend to use the lambswool one a lot more. I totally agree with what you're saying, the no touching the paint when the car is dry is a simple concept that a lot of people don't think about.

I really enjoy watching AMMO NYC videos to learn the correct technique and the concepts behind.

Comment

This weekend I managed to find some time to work on the brakes, took the opportunity to upgrade to 345mm front rotors using the ECS carriers and also Stoptech braided lines.

Old rotors were quite cracked.

Painted the ECS carriers.

Fronts done.

Rears done.

Fronts fill the stock wheels quite nicely.

Comment

Working...
                                X