X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LeopardM3
    replied
    Fantastic job, liam821

If you were on the original M3F, you may recall my first M3 was a 2001 PY, and it's still my favorite color by far. Current one is an 06 Mystic Blue, which I absolutely love, but still not as unique as the PY. Also much appreciate the info on the Aston brake calipers, I may do the same! I recently had SS brake lines installed, and HOLY CRAP does it make a world of difference.

Leave a comment:

• liam821
    replied
    Originally posted by antknee View Post
    that looks killar.....gonna look even better once you dial in the spacing in the rear!
    Thanks! I ordered a new rear spacer and longer wheel studs last night so once I get them i'll post up a picture. I did get the car aligned today, AR Motorsports in Portland did a great job. Car drives and looks so much better now that all the camber is in line.

Leave a comment:

• antknee
    replied
    that looks killar.....gonna look even better once you dial in the spacing in the rear!

Leave a comment:

• liam821
    replied
    Originally posted by Tbonem3 View Post
    Sick! More camber up front needed, no?
    It doesn't seem to rub as it is...Although I've only driven it 7 miles since getting the new wheels on. I'm taking it to a local motorsports place here in Portland tomorrow to get a proper alignment done. I'm pretty good at doing my own alignments but I don't really have a proper string setup for the M3 like I do with my Civic.

I'm running a 7" front spring and the height adjustment ring on my suspension rubs right on the tire so I ended up having to use a 12mm front spacer to clear it. I might be able to go down to a 10mm but that's cutting it really close. If I want less poke in the front I'm going to have to either get a smaller front tire or a 6" front spring.

On the rear I'm also running a 12mm spacer but it's not enough and looks funny. I stacked two spacers together just to test fit and 20mm looks perfect with just enough space to squeeze a piece of paper through at full compression so a proper spacer.

That's the bummer part about running a square setup you generally have to run spacers to make it work okay. It would be better off if my wheels were 18x9.5 +28 to start with but this was the only size they made in 18s. I did reach out to see if I could get a custom rear wheel made in 18x10" +22 but no luck. Oh well.

Once I get the alignment all done and fix the rear I'll snap some more pictures.

Leave a comment:

• Tbonem3
    replied
    Sick! More camber up front needed, no?

Leave a comment:

• Nima5858
    replied
    this is a amazing build really enjoyed watching it and looking forward to see the rest

Leave a comment:

• liam821
    replied
    Originally posted by Bgexpress View Post
    Can’t wait to see this on the ground
    Wait no more!

Leave a comment:

• Bgexpress
    replied
    Can’t wait to see this on the ground

Leave a comment:

• Str8f4c3
    replied
    Those wheels look absolutely killer! That JDM 5 Spoke looks great on the m3.

Leave a comment:

• liam821
    replied
    Originally posted by akshon View Post
    Are those wheels 9.5 squared?
    Love the calipers and wheel combo.
    Thanks, and yeah, 18x9.5" squared with 265/35R18s all around. I just had the tires fitted yesterday.

Just waiting on a spacer that comes tomorrow and it can finally go back down on its wheels.

All finished

And the boot floor put back together

Leave a comment:

• akshon
    replied
    Are those wheels 9.5 squared?
    Love the calipers and wheel combo.

Leave a comment:

• liam821
    replied
    Originally posted by Will ZCPM3 View Post
    Those wheels look amazing
    Thanks! I wanted something different and absolutely love the "gun blue" gunmetal color. Lots of hints of blue which look great on PY.

Originally posted by Inizes View Post
    Did you do a top side reinforcement or just plates on the bottom and the pure-tech x brace?
    Just the plates on the bottom, pure-tech x-brace, and the bmw foam (which I haven't actually done yet, I've been really busy, but hopefully here shortly).

Leave a comment:

• Inizes
    replied
    Did you do a top side reinforcement or just plates on the bottom and the pure-tech x brace?

Leave a comment:

• Will ZCPM3
    replied
    Those wheels look amazing

Leave a comment:

• liam821
    replied
    I'm finally getting around to installing the PureTech rear X-brace. Install was pretty simple, the instructions were good. Still, drilling through the floor of the car is a bit nerve-wracking!

Just test fitting...

I haven't put the carpet back in the car since I repaired the subframe a year ago. So once I finish the X-brace install I'll trim the carpet and get it all reinstalled again. I also ordered some 9" shock adjustment knobs from FA so I can stick that through the carpet as well.

Also, these finally showed up at my door!

Just loving the color!!

Couldn't wait to see what they looked like. I get tires fitted on Monday

More to come!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X