No announcement yet.

Akshon's AW E46 m3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All the roof you mention are high quality brands.
    Slon and Karbonius is from Europe so with shipping the price was too much and I passed.

The Lang roof is probably the best one structurally.
    Weaves and fitment are perfect 100%.
    It is the strongest and lightest allegedly.

Only draw back is that it does not come clear coated.
    That is an additional cost of $300-500.

For my other m3 I purchased RKP because it comes clear coated and the Lang price went up.
    With the clear coating added to Lang the RKP was a bit cheaper so went with that to try this time.

Comment

nice cars! I considered an M2c and got my LSB e46. How woudl you rate the 2?

Comment

Actually just sold the m2c to a dealership for basically what I got it for after almost 2 years and 12k miles.
        M2c is definitely way faster tuned or not but most of my car friends including me preferred the slow e46 m3 because of how it feels.
        There's always faster cars but only certain cars feel right e46 m3 is one of them. That's why I have 2 as 1 was not enough.

Comment

Awesome build thread. Congratulations for both the M3’s.
          Euro bumper is on my list as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          -Singh
          2004 e46 ///3 | Laguna Seca Blue | Black Leather | 6MT | Coupe
          BBS RC | Supersprint | Ground Control |
          Besian

Comment

That looks like johnsons alignment. Are you south bay local? Wanted to know who installed the roof?

Comment

Yes. I am in south bay. Auto Explosions in Gardena installed it.

Comment

Originally posted by Singh View Post
                Awesome build thread. Congratulations for both the M3’s.
                Euro bumper is on my list as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                Thank you! Euro bumper is very subtle but impactful.

Comment

BBS RI-A incoming

Comment

Originally posted by akshon View Post
                    BBS RI-A incoming
                    Nice! Curious what specs did you go with?

Comment

I got 18X9.5 +22 and 18X10.5 +25 in Graphite.

Comment

Originally posted by akshon View Post
                        All the roof you mention are high quality brands.
                        Slon and Karbonius is from Europe so with shipping the price was too much and I passed.

The Lang roof is probably the best one structurally.
                        Weaves and fitment are perfect 100%.
                        It is the strongest and lightest allegedly.

Only draw back is that it does not come clear coated.
                        That is an additional cost of $300-500.

For my other m3 I purchased RKP because it comes clear coated and the Lang price went up.
                        With the clear coating added to Lang the RKP was a bit cheaper so went with that to try this time.
                        all things relatively, but if you have RKP and you are happy with that... okay
                        i'm using OEM like reference level (and i saw carbon fiber a LOT). and i know, our parts closer to this level then most others on the market.
                        some of our customers had a chance to compare our roofs with rkp and carbonius side by side, and they are not even close.

OEM - i mean mass production, like stock e92m3 roof for example. cause on f82 for example bmw covers roofs under lacquer and not even polishing them. or, on m2 cs optional factory roof made like piece of shit - with bumps near sides and curve waves on the cloth.

i see that many people here like to make some detailing on their own cars, so had some experience already.
                        so, some info: we are spending about 18-20 hours of work on polishing every our roof. and this is not novice - this is the man, who made all our carbon parts during last 6 years.

ps maybe i'm not polite enough, but please, don't put our stuff on the same line. there are only one common sign between this items - they are all the roofs. that's all.

Comment

Originally posted by Slonik View Post

all things relatively, but if you have RKP and you are happy with that... okay
                          i'm using OEM like reference level (and i saw carbon fiber a LOT). and i know, our parts closer to this level then most others on the market.
                          some of our customers had a chance to compare our roofs with rkp and carbonius side by side, and they are not even close.

OEM - i mean mass production, like stock e92m3 roof for example. cause on f82 for example bmw covers roofs under lacquer and not even polishing them. or, on m2 cs optional factory roof made like piece of shit - with bumps near sides and curve waves on the cloth.

i see that many people here like to make some detailing on their own cars, so had some experience already.
                          so, some info: we are spending about 18-20 hours of work on polishing every our roof. and this is not novice - this is the man, who made all our carbon parts during last 6 years.

ps maybe i'm not polite enough, but please, don't put our stuff on the same line. there are only one common sign between this items - they are all the roofs. that's all.
                          Bruh no one's trying to buy a roof from halfway around the world.
                          2004 BMW ///M3 Carbon Black/Cinnamon 6MT
                          2005 BMW ///M3
                          Interlagos Blue/Black 6MT Dinan S3-R

2008 BMW ///M3 Alpine White/Bamboo/6MT Track Build
                          2000 BMW ///M5 Royal Red/Extended Caramel 6MT
                          2004 BMW X5 Toledo Blue/Sand Beige 6MT
                          2023 Toyota Supra //A91-MT CULG/Hazelnut 6MT

Instagram

Comment

I bought more than that from halfway around the world from him.

His post is providing insight into the differences in these and thus is of value albeit in the wrong section perhaps.
                            2003.5 MT JB/B - CSL SCHRICK SUPERSPRINT EISENMANN JRZ SWIFT MILLWAY APR ENDLESS BBS/SSR DREXLER KMP SACHS RECARO AR SLON MKRS GSP DMG KARBONIUS CP AUTOSOLUTIONS KOYO

Comment

Some updated photos
                              Attached Files

Comment

Best looking front spoiler for the E46!

Comment

Working...
                                X