• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone excited about the new csl?

Discuss

No.

Comment

My concern is that the overhead prototype shots make it kind of look like a gran coupe or one of those weird BMW crossovers because of duckbill spoiler. Iā€™m interested to see how that will actually look on the G series M4.

Also, if I had to venture a guess, BMW is going to decide that it will only be an all wheel drive, flappy-paddle configuration.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Last edited by Fresh1179; 05-15-2022, 02:11 PM.
      2006 ///M3 6MT Coupe Jet Black Track Car
      [Karbonius] [MCS 2WNR] [Zionsville] [ [SPAL] [Ground Control] [Beisan] [Rogue Engineering] [Vorshlag] [Redish] [CMP] [Bimmerworld] [Kassel] [TTFS] [Apex] [TMS Sways] [Buildjournal] [Radium] [Ultimate Pedals] [OMP Seats/Harnesses] [UUC SSK] [Custom Cage] [Supersprint] [Carbontastic] [MEC CSL Diffuser] [Trackspec] [Street Faction] [Condor] [Hard Motorsports] [AiM] [Maintenance] [Ask me about products and exact weight of front end components]

Comment

Originally posted by Fresh1179 View Post
        Also, if I had to venture a guess, BMW is going to decide that it will only be an all wheel drive, flappy-paddle configuration.
        I read an article that stated it would only come with a manual and rear-wheel drive. There is no option for anything else. That said, it will still have a relatively soulless turbo motor. And it will be limited to fifty units at $650,000 a head.

I wonder how light it will actually be.

The overwhelming feeling is of disappointment, though. Now they do this? Ten or twenty years too late.

Comment

The 3.0 CSL?

1. Over $750K
          2. Its not as if BMW would stoop so low as to make them available in the U.S.
          3. Its not as if anyone here would own one. 50 will be made
          4. Its not as if anyone here will even see one on the street.

They will be bought, stored in a living room and likely never see daylight.

The car is irrelevant.

Comment

Originally posted by 01SG View Post

I read an article that stated it would only come with a manual and rear-wheel drive. There is no option for anything else. That said, it will still have a relatively soulless turbo motor. And it will be limited to fifty units at $650,000 a head.

I wonder how light it will actually be.

The overwhelming feeling is of disappointment, though. Now they do this? Ten or twenty years too late.

Wow. Didnā€™t know the production numbers were going to be that low and the price that high. Iā€™ll probably look at it for 5 minutes when it is officially revealed then never think about it again. Sounds like a collectorsā€™ car for Jay Lenoā€™s garageā€¦.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            2006 ///M3 6MT Coupe Jet Black Track Car
            [Karbonius] [MCS 2WNR] [Zionsville] [ [SPAL] [Ground Control] [Beisan] [Rogue Engineering] [Vorshlag] [Redish] [CMP] [Bimmerworld] [Kassel] [TTFS] [Apex] [TMS Sways] [Buildjournal] [Radium] [Ultimate Pedals] [OMP Seats/Harnesses] [UUC SSK] [Custom Cage] [Supersprint] [Carbontastic] [MEC CSL Diffuser] [Trackspec] [Street Faction] [Condor] [Hard Motorsports] [AiM] [Maintenance] [Ask me about products and exact weight of front end components]

Comment

I haven't been excited about a BMW since around 2007.

Comment

Is there a source on the price being well north of half a million dollars? I call BS on that...I could see close to $200k on the high end.
                2005 6MT TiAg | 1:47.01 @ Laguna Seca
                ..........................| 1:58.93 @ Sonoma

Comment

Originally posted by ridebikes View Post
                  Is there a source on the price being well north of half a million dollars? I call BS on that...I could see close to $200k on the high end.
                  You need to think "custom coachwork" - among other things. Its not factory car.

BMW is currently in the works, building a limited-edition 3.0 CSL Hommage based off of the upcoming BMW M4 CSL.

Comment

I thought you meant the M4 CSL. Can't believe they're bringing the moniker back for that monstrosity, curious to see how they achieve the "L" portion of it.
                    2003.5 ///M3 - Laguna Seca Blue - Black - SMG Delete

Comment

Originally posted by Estoril View Post

You need to think "custom coachwork" - among other things. Its not factory car.

https://www.bmwblog.com/2022/05/12/bmw-3-0-csl-coming/
                      To quote the late, great Jerry Orbach at the end of Dirty Dancing:

"When I'm wrong, I say I'm wrong"

I just figured it'd be an M4 with a hole in the bumper šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø

2005 6MT TiAg | 1:47.01 @ Laguna Seca
                      ..........................| 1:58.93 @ Sonoma

Comment

Sounds like we're talking two different cars here. The M4 CSL will be unveiled soon. Haven't heard official production numbers but 1,000 units keeps popping up. But then there's the 3.0 CSL Hommage that is supposed to be limited to 50 units to celebrate the 50 year anniversary. That's the car that's supposed to be $600K or $700K or whatever it is.

My thoughts are that the M4 CSL is strictly a marketing gimmick. NOTHING BMW makes anymore is remotely close to the "L" in CSL. These cars will end up just like the GTS where the majority will be in wrappers. Of course they're going to appreciate over time, but to me this pig of a car is such a slap to the face of the "CSL" name. The E46 had quite a few components specific to the car that truly made it bespoke. This M4 has "CSL" badging and red highlights around parts. Maybe the production model has more to it than what we're being led to believe, but it's a joke to me.

Now, the 3.0 CSL Hommage. To me, that car is spectacular and an amazing modernization to the original. If the production model truly looks like the presentation model, holy shit...bravo BMW. That car tells me there ARE still some decent designers in BMW. I'm a huge fan of the E9 CSL Batmobile and what it represents so I felt BMW hit the nail on the head with the Hommage. I feel that way about the 2002 Hommage as well. But, the fact it will be a 50 unit car and $700K...yeah...unobtainum unfortunately.
                        1995 BMW M3 LTW - Alpine White / Anthracite Clothā€‹ā€‹
                        2005 BMW M3 - Alpine White / Anthracite Impulse Cloth - ZCP - 6MT - Slicktop
                        2006 BMW M3 - Alpine White / Black - ZCP - 6MT - Canadian Import
                        2011 BMW M3 - Individual Fire Orange / Black - ZCP - 6MT - Slicktop

Comment

Not at all.

Wake me up when there's a NA engine and steering feel in a small/practical/light weight car.

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
                          2012 LMB/Black 128i
                          2008 Black/Black M5 Sedan

Comment

Originally posted by Obioban View Post
                            Not at all.

Wake me up when there's a NA engine and steering feel in a small/practical/light weight car.
                            +1

Comment

It has some nice touches, but as a whole, not entirely appealing. I think the G8x M platform drives sublime, but it's gotten big, and the visual cohesion just isn't there.

Comment

Working...
                              X