No announcement yet.

Anyone excited about the new csl?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heck yes I would be interested but we all know 99.9999% of us are never going to see one let alone drive it which is a bummer. It doesn't mean I think more of it than our cars but I'm in the camp that buys a car for a particular role and why my collection is diverse (with respect to make even). I could care less about utility with respect to sports cars. After having driven some of the modern stuff the only thing that is commonly disappointing is steering feel. Everything else kicks arse.
    Last edited by oceansize; 05-16-2022, 07:03 AM.
    3.91 | CMP Subframe & RTAB Bushings | SMG (Relocated & Rebuilt) | ESS Gen 3 Supercharger | Redish | Beisan | GC Coilovers & ARCAs | Imola Interior | RE Rasp | RE Diablo | Storm Motorwerks Paddles | Will ZCPM3 Shift Knob | Apex ARC-8 19x9, 19x9.5 | Sony XAV-AX5000 | BAVSOUND | CSL & 255 SMG Upgrades | Tiag | Vert w/Hardtop

Comment

I automatically assumed we were talking about the Hommage. I have completely disregarded the new M3.

Comment

$650k for a body kit? Gross.

build something we can all use

Comment

Originally posted by tlow98 View Post
          $650k for a body kit? Gross.

build something we can all use

Thats not the point.

Comment

Have you seen how fugly that abomination is?

Hell no.
            2004 BMW ///M3 Carbon Black/Cinnamon 6MT
            2005 BMW ///M3
            Interlagos Blue/Black 6MT Dinan S3-R

2008 BMW ///M3 Alpine White/Bamboo/6MT Track Build
            2000 BMW ///M5 Royal Red/Extended Caramel 6MT
            2004 BMW X5 Toledo Blue/Sand Beige 6MT
            2023 Toyota Supra //A91-MT CULG/Hazelnut 6MT

Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by Estoril View Post

Thats not the point.
              Yeah, it’s a shame. Using their storied history to make marketing PR that will help sell to the masses.

At least Porsche uses their SUV profits to continue to produce amazing vehicles that function as the perfect halo car that still, wait for it, appeals to enthusiast.

Comment

I continue to be excited about the CSL that I'm building.
                DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
                /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
                More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Our favorite, or perhaps least favorite, car nerd makes a prediction about the current generation M3 (I realize the CSL is based of the M4, but close enough). Time stamped

3.91 | CMP Subframe & RTAB Bushings | SMG (Relocated & Rebuilt) | ESS Gen 3 Supercharger | Redish | Beisan | GC Coilovers & ARCAs | Imola Interior | RE Rasp | RE Diablo | Storm Motorwerks Paddles | Will ZCPM3 Shift Knob | Apex ARC-8 19x9, 19x9.5 | Sony XAV-AX5000 | BAVSOUND | CSL & 255 SMG Upgrades | Tiag | Vert w/Hardtop

Comment

Originally posted by oceansize View Post
                    Our favorite, or perhaps least favorite, car nerd makes a prediction about the current generation M3 (I realize the CSL is based of the M4, but close enough). Time stamped

https://youtu.be/EEMRwj8GQ3k?t=1246
                    I enjoy his videos and agree with the CSL comments.

while I enjoy a great NA car as much as anyone, I’m still excited about any car that’s built as passionately as both of these. We all wish BMW would build a true GT3 competitor when it seems so in reach to them but you just have appreciate their new stuff for what it is (q the “it’s turbo trash is what it is” crew). We should all be excited to still see such effort in the ICE realm before we are all subject fast appliances that are as exciting as a turkey baster.

Comment

Originally posted by Icecream View Post

I enjoy his videos and agree with the CSL comments.

while I enjoy a great NA car as much as anyone, I’m still excited about any car that’s built as passionately as both of these. We all wish BMW would build a true GT3 competitor when it seems so in reach to them but you just have appreciate their new stuff for what it is (q the “it’s turbo trash is what it is” crew). We should all be excited to still see such effort in the ICE realm before we are all subject fast appliances that are as exciting as a turkey baster.
                      Porsche has remained more pure to their vision, especially so with their GT cars. They even allow to GT4 version to flirt close to the GT3. BMW is simply chasing the money, allowing the brand to be diluted in any way that will bring greater profit. BMW offers ///M branding on anything including SUVs. The ///M division has become diffused and primarily a badge-generator for the mass models. BMW has become less competitive in racing, pulled out of some racing series and I believe race primarily to try to retain some racing team cachet to sell more grocery-getters.

Porsche has managed to plan model expansion without diluting their performance-first models. And make good profit doing so.

Comment

Originally posted by Estoril View Post

Porsche has remained more pure to their vision, especially so with their GT cars. They even allow to GT4 version to flirt close to the GT3. BMW is simply chasing the money, allowing the brand to be diluted in any way that will bring greater profit. BMW offers ///M branding on anything including SUVs. The ///M division has become diffused and primarily a badge-generator for the mass models. BMW has become less competitive in racing, pulled out of some racing series and I believe race primarily to try to retain some racing team cachet to sell more grocery-getters.

Porsche has managed to plan model expansion without diluting their performance-first models. And make good profit doing so.
                        Well, you're not wrong about any of that, and it is aggravating as heck to see BMW squander the opportunity. Imagine a new NA 4 liter straight six with 500hp in the M2 and 3200lbs or a lightweight M3 with a FP v8 and and 600hp, im making myself sad. But, I'm still excited to see companies build fast cars with petrol, that's all I'm saying cause one day we won't be able to say it at all.

Comment

I gotta admit. I like the new hood roundel emblem on the csl.

Comment

Originally posted by eacmen View Post
                            I gotta admit. I like the new hood roundel emblem on the csl.
                            Don't go putting that on your E46 lol

If you have CSL money, get a GT4RS. It's more CSL than the M4 CSL.

Comment

Not interested at all - too big and too heavy & numb (never mind ugly). Although turbo motors make crazy torque and power - I didn't like how the they felt. Sold my '11 335 and my '16 F80 and keeping the '01 and in process of building full up E46 Touring.

I went to BMW auto cross event with the new electric cars - heavy! Saw the new 2 series, so much for the M2 being the new E46 - bigger again...
                              '01 M3, JB/IR, SS, TCK DA, Apex, TMS CSL, HTE, 4:10 gears - original owner
                              '00 slicktop Touring converting to full M3 Touring

Comment

BMW has been irrelevant for roughly a decade at this point, and that's only if you want to entertain the late E9x era. This is no different.
                                E46 M3 Coupe - 09/04 Production, 103k miles, Black/Black, 6MT swap, AS 0% kit, BBS RG-R + AS4’s, CSL flash, Karbonius airbox, Euro header + Section 1, Koni Yellow, Xtrons, SAP Delete, lockdowns complete

Comment

Working...
                                X