Vanos lockdown work in NY/NJ/CT area

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vanos lockdown work in NY/NJ/CT area

Hey gang, I am looking for recommendations to get preventative VANOS work done on an S54 (aka lockdown / bulletproofing/ etc). I am familiar with the track-focused shops in the area (Rogue Engineering, Auto Couture, etc) that could do the work but I am am curios to find out if there are any that stand out for their VANOS works specifically.

Thanks!

Not sure if anyone is going to be VANOS specific. The job is very parts specific and detail oriented upon reassembly. I’d go with the shop that’s the most OCD in your opinion. Kassel performance and rogue would be my go to, if I had to. I’ve done the job, not hard. Just time consuming. An OEM timing bridge is a must

Comment

Appreciate the reply.

I would love to do it myself but unfortunately I just don’t have the right space/setup to do it (NYC). To this end, I have also searched for shops that would rent time, but no luck.

I will likely end up taking it to one of the reputable shops out there.

Thanks again.

Comment

Id be in as well. I hope of these these reputable shops starts a group buy.

Comment

Do people ever rent out their own garages? Like at their own house? or is that a no no? Because I got one lol
          Last edited by Jersey_M3; 12-02-2020, 03:03 PM.

Comment

Rogue Engineering, Inc. | Facebook

Comment

TKX Performance in Huntington, NY is a good option. They are extremely versed on the E46 platform and have done many Vanos rebuilds.
              They are also located close to the Huntington train station, in case you need to commute back to the city.

130 Railroad St
              Huntington Station, NY 11746
              (631) 424-3640

Comment

Originally posted by Mvie View Post
                TKX Performance in Huntington, NY is a good option. They are extremely versed on the E46 platform and have done many Vanos rebuilds.
                They are also located close to the Huntington train station, in case you need to commute back to the city.

130 Railroad St
                Huntington Station, NY 11746
                (631) 424-3640
                Those guys are hacks. Stay far far away. They do not know the S54 at all. Seen this first hand.

Comment

Working...
                X