Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's the correct cleaner to use for cinnamon leather?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's the correct cleaner to use for cinnamon leather?

I've got cracks already forming, but is there a specific leather cleaner/conditioner someone could recommend?
    Attached Files
    Garage:
    2002 BMW M3: Slicktop jetblack/cinnamon. SMG to 6-speed. Arc-8's. Koni yellows/Dinan springs. Macht elbow. Megan headers. Stock section 1+AR20. SCZA section 3.
    1998 Mercedes E300 Turbodiesel: Pizza bag warmer.

Originally posted by Circa Surviven View Post
    I've got cracks already forming, but is there a specific leather cleaner/conditioner someone could recommend?
    I would research furniture clinic, they are a leather restoration company and I've had that issue on my previous m3 and some of their products help, but to truly fix this issue and to have new leather you will need someone to fix it.

i belive their heavy filler fixes that issue, at least temporary, but what might also help is hydration of the leather, so their leather revive or leatherique

furniture clinic products are decently cheap too
    Last edited by M/Anthony; 05-18-2020, 06:25 PM.

Comment

Soap (safe degreaser) and water
      DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
      /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
      More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

I'm consistently happy with leatherique, but once you have cracks forming... a bit late.

My original interior, before I went to aftermarket seats, at 120,000 miles (with leatherique 1-2 times per year):

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-0304.jpg
Views:	338
Size:	84.4 KB
ID:	27072

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
        2012 LMB/Black 128i
        2008 Black/Black M5 Sedan

Comment

I like the Chemical Guys sprayable leather cleaner + conditioner. I've tried the Adam's polishes one and find it leaves the leather with too much shine and is very hard to buff it off.

Comment

Originally posted by Circa Surviven View Post
            I wouldnt use degreaser tbh, use a dedicated cleaner. Ive used gliptone before, seemed decent, fresh scent (smelled like clean fabric). And a good cleaner will only take you halfway there. You need a good, soft, natural fiber brush to gently agitate the surface without damaging it, a microfiber or sponge probably wont cut it.

Comment

Originally posted by Tbonem3 View Post
              Soap (safe degreaser) and water
              This.

Pretty much all modern cars (E46 M3 included) have a layer of clear on the leather. You can't "treat" it and leather care products are useless and just build up on top and attract more grime and dirt. Wear is a function of how you get/in out of the car and sun exposure. Just gentle soap with a damp microfiber from day one is best.
              Last edited by bmw; 08-31-2020, 06:14 PM.

Comment

I dont think theres any on the shelf products that will help the wear. I would look into having the seats redone or purchase a used set of seats in better condition.

My seats are cinnamon. Ive used the lexol cleaner to clean the seats. After this I use armor all on the entire interior (matte) to finish it up. Don't use the regular Armor all, theres an interior cleaner that leaves the seats with a Matte finish which will do a better job of hiding imperfections. Glossy conditioners and treatments will make the wear stick out like a soar thumb.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_5073[23688].PNG Views:	0 Size:	480.0 KB ID:	83304
                Last edited by DropTopKingM3; 02-05-2021, 10:24 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X