Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who do we like for trac-spec FCABS these days?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who do we like for trac-spec FCABS these days?

Looks like I blew my passenger side FCAB this past track weekend. Anything worth considering for an upgrade? This is a dedicated, trailered track car. Was interested in monoball but Turner looks like they on order till July. Are there others worth considering? I have seen way to many issues on friends track cars to consider Powerflex. Was looking at the AKG 75D offering. Or, is it best to just go with stock? Thanks for any opinions!

Chris, I have the red AKG 75D. No issues for the last couple years, and the pass side one sits right next to the headers with the stock heat shield in the way.
    -Rudy

Comment

Thank you sir! Hope to see you out there somewhere this year đź‘Ť

Comment

I’ve got Bimmerworld TrackCABs on my E30 track car. No complaints.
        '03.5 M3 SMG Coupe - Jet Black / Black

Comment

TrackCABs here. No issues.

Comment

Turner Monoballs.Had OE FCABs for awhile...they worked fine

Comment

I wanted the mono balls but next shipment is in July. Decided on AKG for now.

Comment

Past few years I have been running different fcab from Akgs ploy ( which failed) Power flex poly (failed as well) stock facb are good but have down sides not as precise as monoballls increased tire wear, and Finally Turner Monoballs for the past year are the best incredible feel very precise, and better tire wear compared to stock, the are truly amazing in the long run they pay for themselves, street comfort very good as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Radekxpl View Post
                  Past few years I have been running different fcab from Akgs ploy ( which failed) Power flex poly (failed as well) stock facb are good but have down sides not as precise as monoballls increased tire wear, and Finally Turner Monoballs for the past year are the best incredible feel very precise, and better tire wear compared to stock, the are truly amazing in the long run they pay for themselves, street comfort very good as well.

Is these the ones you are referring to?

Comment

The design is good but the QC/QA is horrible. Went through 3 sets of these and then gave up.

There is some misconception with these being a “sealed bearing”. Usually sealed bearings do not need to be greased. But the old grease has to go somewhere, namely past the seals. Some on the old forum (myself included) were getting bent out of shape that when they greased it that is was getting passed the seals. IMO this is normal and you should grease it until grease exits around the whole bearing.

There is also a troubleshooting document that Turner published, they don’t include it when you buy it. I would ask for it before you install as these things are very sensitive to binding under load and position on the control arm.

Comment

I have the Turner FCABs. They require maintenance and have seals. I’m assuming they labeled them as sealed bearings meaning they have seals and not that they are leak proof.

I pressed them in myself into OE housings. Haven’t had an issue with them so far. I get better feel through the steering wheel. Not sure about tire wear but so far so good.

I ran OE FCABs before and had good results.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Yes those are it.

Comment

When greasing them grease supposed to come out around the seal. I usually grease them every oil change but I change oil once every month during track season so it more often the usual. They are every sensitive to binging, got to make sure they are going straight in when installing them. I had great success with them so I can’t complain.

Comment

Originally posted by eacmen View Post

The design is good but the QC/QA is horrible. Went through 3 sets of these and then gave up.

There is some misconception with these being a “sealed bearing”. Usually sealed bearings do not need to be greased. But the old grease has to go somewhere, namely past the seals. Some on the old forum (myself included) were getting bent out of shape that when they greased it that is was getting passed the seals. IMO this is normal and you should grease it until grease exits around the whole bearing.

There is also a troubleshooting document that Turner published, they don’t include it when you buy it. I would ask for it before you install as these things are very sensitive to binding under load and position on the control arm.
                            I tried a set of these as well and had binding/popping on the one next to the exhaust once the car warmed up. Haven't tried them again since. Was this the same issue you were having?

Comment

Originally posted by ZHPizza View Post
                              I tried a set of these as well and had binding/popping on the one next to the exhaust once the car warmed up. Haven't tried them again since. Was this the same issue you were having?
                              Yup!

Comment

Working...
                              X