Aftermarket seats and HANS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aftermarket seats and HANS

So I'm thinking of getting an aftermarket seat (Cobra Nogaro or Recaro PP ABE). Anyone using either of these seats with a HANS?

My car currently has stock seats, and is driven to and from the track. I like to sit mostly upright, but I need to recline it when wearing my HANS. Otherwise I'll be hunched over. I'm concerned fit and positioning will be issues with the fixed backs.

Thanks!

I have the Recaro PP’s. I am 5’8” and it fits great. You should be able to slightly recline most seats provided your seat mounts have multiple hole positions.

Comment

I use a HANS with my Nogaro, no issue.

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
      2012 LMB/Black 128i
      2008 Black/Black M5 Sedan

Comment

Thanks guys! Now to decide which to get...

Comment

I remember when choosing seats, some were advertised as "for hans". Those I believe give less angle forward to the head rest leaving room for the Hans. I got one of those (sparco evo) and have enough room that is doesn't push my head forward. So I'm not sure if some seats do not leave extra room for the Hans. I forgot from when I was researching but IIRC all recaros fixed seats are hans compatible.
          2003.5 Titanium Silver / Black 6M/T (Gone)
          2003.5 Carbon Black / Laguna Seca Blue SMG (Dusted)
          2004 Carbon Black / Black SMG converted to 6M/T(Current)

Comment

I have Recaro SPG Xl’s
            They are tilted back one bolt hole on the side mount and clearance issues with my helmet
            Hans fits in nicely as well
            I use a slider along with VAC mounts
            My helmet just touches the roof a tad bit

Brey Krause makes direct seat mounts from seat to chassis if you are concerned about headroom
            (I will be purchasing them)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Can't imagine a seat nowadays wouldn't be HANS friendly.

Comment

I’ll put in a huge recommendation for the NecksGen products. Lightweight and they come with some solid quick releases.

All new racing seats should be HANS compatible or I wouldn’t trust the manufacturer haha.

I got blasted in the side by a weekend warrior on cold slicks that spun out on the inside of turn 10 at VIR then tried to save it and hit me in the infield when I drove off to avoid collision. HANS mattered then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                2006 ///M3 6MT Coupe Jet Black Track Car
                [Karbonius] [MCS 2WNR] [Zionsville] [ [SPAL] [Ground Control] [Beisan] [Rogue Engineering] [Vorshlag] [Redish] [CMP] [Bimmerworld] [Kassel] [TTFS] [Apex] [TMS Sways] [Buildjournal] [Radium] [Ultimate Pedals] [OMP Seats/Harnesses] [UUC SSK] [Custom Cage] [Supersprint] [Carbontastic] [MEC CSL Diffuser] [Trackspec] [Street Faction] [Condor] [Hard Motorsports] [AiM] [Maintenance] [Ask me about products and exact weight of front end components]

Comment

Working...
                X