Track jack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Track jack

For those who drive to the track and then change wheels, camber and/or brake pads — what do you use for a jack? I have the low profile Arcan one but it’s like 150 lbs, and I still have to drive onto some 2x10s under each wheel for clearance. Suggestions are appreciated …

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Youtube DIYs and more

All jobs done as diy - clutch, rod bearings, rear subframe rebush, vanos, headers, cooling, suspension, etc.

PM for help in NorCal. Have a lot of specialty tools - vanos, pilot bearing puller, bushing press kit, valve adjustment, fcab, wheel bearing, engine support bar, etc.

Comment

For the track, I have a cheap Torsen (or something like that) I got from Costco. It’s aluminum and light. I bring two jack stands as well. It’s actually pretty much identical to the one MrGizmo posted but I got mine like 13 years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by mrgizmo04 View Post
        https://www.harborfreight.com/mercha...ack-64545.html

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
        I got the same one would recommend.

You’ll still need to drive up onto wood depending how slammed your car is. But it’s small and light. I had to bleed the hydraulic cylinder when I got it though.

Lifting with this jack is great. But lowering is an on-off switch. The car falls quickly. I usually use a screwdriver through the handle end to get more precise control when turning it while lowering.

Comment

Cheers, I’ll give that one a try — cheap enough for an experiment for sure. Hate it when jacks drop the car too fast but maybe I can use that screwdriver trick.

Comment

HF low profile. Don't forget a jack stand.

Comment

Originally posted by eacmen View Post
              I had to bleed the hydraulic cylinder when I got it though.
              I think a lot of jacks are like that when new.

One thing I do is change the fluid out of the box. On the older "widow maker" HF jacks, I'd see a bunch of tiny metal shavings come out with the fluid.
              I recently bought a replacement HF jack and didn't much garbage. (Old one was 15 years old and it seemed to be tired). Maybe their quality control is getting better.

Comment

Waking up - anyone here use a low profile jack? I'm looking at HF Daytona vs. Schwaben, thoughts welcome and TIA.
                Interlagos 06 M3, Autologic tune, Agency Power midpipes/exhaust, Fortune Auto coilovers, UUC SSK, ZKW-R lenses. MRegistry listing here

Comment

At any given track day, that aluminum HF jack posted and the HF Daytona low profile jack are the two most common jacks in the paddock. I leave my heavy daytona at home and take the Al one with me to the track.
                  '02 e46m3 - fully caged track car
                  many others

Comment

Aluminum HF here. I still need to bring the front section of my race ramps to get the car high enough to jack up the entire axle. I also need a wood board because the aluminum jack's tiny wheels don't roll particularly well on the often rough paddock surfaces, not to mention they don't distribute weight well and will sink into hot asphalt.

Comment

Originally posted by pMak26 View Post
                      At any given track day, that aluminum HF jack posted and the HF Daytona low profile jack are the two most common jacks in the paddock. I leave my heavy daytona at home and take the Al one with me to the track.
                      I bring 2 of the HF blue jacks. I can't get the car onto 2t stands with only 1.

Comment

I use a 1.5 ton HF blue for the paddock. This place sells rebuild kits: https://www.hcrcnow.com/
                        At home I used a 2.5 ton HF blue, but it started leaking, and the rebuild kit is discontinued. I ordered a 2 ton aluminum Jegs to replace it with, because they sell a rebuild kit for ~$30.

Comment

Working...
                        X