SMG Transmission / Bad 4th gear Synchros - Diffsonline 6spd Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SMG Transmission / Bad 4th gear Synchros - Diffsonline 6spd Question

Anyone replace their SMG and get the Diffsonline 6spd but use the bellhousing etc from the SMG? We've replaced the detent springs, not getting any codes etc. Intermittent mis shifts and won't go UP in to 4th so I pull the paddle again to 5th and down to 4th...sometimes a little crunchy when going 3 to 4 but usually OK.

Any reason why a 6spd manual box couldn't be used with the bellhousing swap?

Originally posted by ShiftLess View Post
    Anyone replace their SMG and get the Diffsonline 6spd but use the bellhousing etc from the SMG? We've replaced the detent springs, not getting any codes etc. Intermittent mis shifts and won't go UP in to 4th so I pull the paddle again to 5th and down to 4th...sometimes a little crunchy when going 3 to 4 but usually OK.

Any reason why a 6spd manual box couldn't be used with the bellhousing swap?
    Did you do the SMG adaptations after the swap?

Comment

Haven't swapped yet but I have an opportunity to buy a manual 6spd. Just wanted to make sure I can use the manual box and just swap the bellhousing and SMG bits, that there are no other issues / show stoppers etc.

Comment

Working...
      X