Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Data acquisition for brake pressure on E46 M3 specifically?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Data acquisition for brake pressure on E46 M3 specifically?

Hi everyone, I am looking into the big world of data acquisition 🤓

My local race shop said that despite what AiM says on their website, that they have never been able to get a Solo 2 DL unit to accurately measure brake pressure in an E46 M3. Since improving as a driver is a big goal for data acquisition, I really want to be able to get that data point!

Has anyone had experience with the Solo 2 DL and specifically brake pressure reading? I feel like bumping up to an AiM MXS would be too hardcore for where I'm at but that's the best solution the shop is offering right now for reading brake pressure.

🙇‍♂️

2005 6MT TiAg | 1:47.01 @ Laguna Seca
    ..........................| 1:58.93 @ Sonoma

Haven't heard of anyone being able to get that information on a soloDL. You can install a sensor on the brake line and get the data through an AiM dash like an MXG.

Comment

Contact Peter Krause @ peter@peterkrause.net and he will be able to get you the exact info you need.

Comment

Originally posted by tdp_will View Post
        Contact Peter Krause @ peter@peterkrause.net and he will be able to get you the exact info you need.
        If it is possible with the AiM SoloDl...would be fantastic!!!

Comment

i decided to upgrade to a dash and had my shop add in brake pressure. i'm not sure if you can get it done with just a DL.
          2018 Grigio Telesto F80 M3 DCT | :: Bone Stock ::
          2004 Titanium Silver E46 M3 6 Speed | :: Track Car ::

Comment

Thanks y'all. That makes sense, jives with what I've read elsewhere.

I think I sadly know the answer is "no" but do you guys know of anybody who has a removable version of the full dash?

I'm attempting to keep my car somewhat streetable and the big dash on the column seems like a big step towards "full race car". I'm guessing it's likely impossible to get the full race data system + portability together. I have the Garmin Catalyst already, which is super portable but light on hard data (still super cool though!)
            2005 6MT TiAg | 1:47.01 @ Laguna Seca
            ..........................| 1:58.93 @ Sonoma

Comment

Working...
            X