Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gutting The Rear--Window Motors

Hey Guys,
    As we are unable to get to events I have started the process of gutting the interior (from the front seats back for now). This may seem like a dumb question, but it seems as if I remove the rear window motors, the glass will lose support. Am I wrong, or is there a way to anchor the windows in a closed position?
    2006 ///M3 6MT Coupe Jet Black Track Car
    [Karbonius] [MCS 2WNR] [Zionsville] [ [SPAL] [Ground Control] [Beisan] [Rogue Engineering] [Vorshlag] [Redish] [CMP] [Bimmerworld] [Kassel] [TTFS] [Apex] [TMS Sways] [Buildjournal] [Radium] [Ultimate Pedals] [OMP Seats/Harnesses] [UUC SSK] [Custom Cage] [Supersprint] [Carbontastic] [MEC CSL Diffuser] [Trackspec] [Street Faction] [Condor] [Hard Motorsports] [AiM] [Maintenance] [Ask me about products and exact weight of front end components]

Correct that if you remove the motors the glass will pivot freely, which is no good.
    '02 e46m3 - fully caged track car
    many others

Comment

I used some hardware from Race Depot/Lowe's. Took a couple tries of bending the aluminum but two years later it's still holding and leak free.

Comment

Nice! Any idea what hardware you used? Looks great and structurally sound.
        2006 ///M3 6MT Coupe Jet Black Track Car
        [Karbonius] [MCS 2WNR] [Zionsville] [ [SPAL] [Ground Control] [Beisan] [Rogue Engineering] [Vorshlag] [Redish] [CMP] [Bimmerworld] [Kassel] [TTFS] [Apex] [TMS Sways] [Buildjournal] [Radium] [Ultimate Pedals] [OMP Seats/Harnesses] [UUC SSK] [Custom Cage] [Supersprint] [Carbontastic] [MEC CSL Diffuser] [Trackspec] [Street Faction] [Condor] [Hard Motorsports] [AiM] [Maintenance] [Ask me about products and exact weight of front end components]

Comment

I think it's called an elevator or carriage bolt? I found it in the same drawers as the metric bolts nuts and other hardware. It's got a threaded shaft on it and I used some nuts and washers to lock it in place. A bit of POR15 on the outside to prevent rust, probably reused the original window motor seal. Don't forget some threadlocker since everything rattles apart.

Comment

Working...
          X