Shock remote reservoirs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shock remote reservoirs

For those running remote reservoirs on an e46 M3, where did you mount them and how did you route the lines?

Originally posted by ken o View Post
    For those running remote reservoirs on an e46 M3, where did you mount them and how did you route the lines?
    I don't know about the E46, but with the MCS remotes I have on my E30 M3 race car, I have 'dry break' connectors on the lines so that the 'hole' needed in the chassis to install the canisters inside the car can be much much smaller. This also makes it easier to remove when needed to send in for service.

T

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1861.jpg
Views:	201
Size:	193.9 KB
ID:	165478

Comment

Originally posted by ///Mangler View Post

I don't know about the E46, but with the MCS remotes I have on my E30 M3 race car, I have 'dry break' connectors on the lines so that the 'hole' needed in the chassis to install the canisters inside the car can be much much smaller. This also makes it easier to remove when needed to send in for service.

T
      Yeah... I'm going to need more photos of this E30 M3 race car.
      '03.5 M3 SMG Coupe - Jet Black / Black

Comment

Originally posted by ken o View Post
        I know for the rears people like to run the hoses through the vents in the lower rear quarter panels in the trunk.

Fronts seem to be wherever you can fit them. I've seen them mounted on the radiator support, on the strut bar, against the smuggler's compartments, etc.
        "your BMW has how many miles!?"

2003 (2/03) M3 coupe Imolarot/Black 6 M/T - JRZ RS One 450/550 - Ground Control Street - SDW RTAB - TMS Street ARCA - Redish V2 - TMS solid subframe bushings - Volk Racing G2 18x9.5 - StopTech ST40 355 (coming soon) - Beisan Systems VANOS parts - WPC OE rod bearings - Karbonius CSL airbox - Kassel MSS54HP DME - Kassel MAP sensor - Euro headers and Section 1 - SuperSprint Sport - Recaro Speed - Schroth Rallye 4 QF - AS 30% SSK

build/journal
        ig: @zzyzx85

Comment

Name:	Pr0Ze3.jpg
Views:	180
Size:	189.2 KB
ID:	166818

Name:	ucVMRN.jpg
Views:	180
Size:	180.6 KB
ID:	166819

Mine
          Attached Files

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20220517_171258.jpg Views:	0 Size:	160.4 KB ID:	168251As you can see i just removed the sap made a bracket and riveted on the bracket supports. In the trunk photo you can see I just riveted the brackets to the trunk molding plastic. As far as routing hoses I cut just a small piece where the lower fender molding met the upper liner in the front. In the rear I just cut a small piece of the fender liners and brought them in through the vents like it was mentioned in the previous post. I then notched out the battery tray and the tray on the drivers side so the hose fit well. I was shocked how hot the reservoirs get from track use. Heat is an enemy of the system so the cooler you can keep them the longer they'll last you
            Attached Files
            Last edited by Wernd; 05-17-2022, 02:32 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X