Track car issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Track car issues

Need some advice. I have a track specific car that I have been having trouble with. To start, I will try and list what I think are the pertinent mods. Stock motor, Turner air box, SS stepped headers, EPIC Tune w/ Randy, electric steering, AC delete, BMW motorsports ABS, thinned wiring harness, diff cooler, radio, ultrachiller V3, relocated DME and relays, Autoblip, fuel cell, accusump, MCS 3way remote full coil-over, Podium cast, AIM MXG

Car was finished with AR Motorsports; dyno time and 2 testing sessions at the track sorted and delivered to me. I got it home and test ran it around the block and the car went into a "limp mode" nil throttle response. In addition, the car is hard to start. Multiple cranks. I thought it was due to low voltage at idle/paddock speeds until pulleys speed up alternator. Shop assured me no problem.

Get to the track and run 1/2 lap with limp mode again. Come into paddock shut down, look things over and start it back up and it revs good and seems to be back in order. Repeat process.
    AR shop comes over, no codes with OBDII. He test drives it and 2 laps and everything is fine. I head back out and repeat process of limp mode. Call track side assist back over with car running (turn on fan) for OBDII read with running. Code suggesting TPS sensor.
    It is suggested that the Autoblip may be causing issue. Two previous shake downs with the shop had the driver turning off the Autoblip. Auto blip is turned off track side, revs strong. While running/idle, auto blip off, and the fan is turned off and it dies immediately.

Car will not restart
    Computer is hooked up, it is seen that the throttle drops off as described on track and in paddock upon return. No RPM recognized, even with cranking with starter (should get about 200rpm)?.
    CPS is suggested. I get one the next day (OEM), replace with no changes. No start

Variables/Testing
    Fuel fresh, from jug, not barrell. 92 w/ no ethanol. Fuel pump working. (grounded fuel pump for continous with no changes) New fuel filter.
    Plugs had spark, LED diode shows pulse from injectors, no resistance from throttle actuation (a few hose clamp fitter where close so I moved them and a plug that was dangling)
    The fan is auto while driving, toggle was off. Left the diff cooler off, ultrachiller off, no radio on, no podium cast
    Electric steering pump on

Thoughts?

If I recall, you won’t get codes with the Epic tune (I have one as well, Epic Race). To get codes you have to reload the stock tune. That would also perhaps provide some interesting info as to whether it runs fine on the stock tune.

Comment

I have some leads from Facebook groups as well. I will start with TPS sensors, gas pedal, cam sensors, ECU swap to stock, and check all the grounds. Throttle actuators are all clear 0-100%. I will post in after Holiday due to travel.

Comment

Working...
      X