Fontana Auto Club Speedway Track Day 8/7/22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fontana Auto Club Speedway Track Day 8/7/22

Many years of autocross racing in JDM cars however first time getting on the track with my e46. Very fun and have caught the bug…

I’ll take any tips and advice, planning to attend the next event at ACS in October!

Best time I had was a 2.10 for my first time out there. Set up below -

Ohlins R/T coil overs
    AKG rear control arms
    Rays TE37 18x9.5 +22
    Falken RT615k 265/35
    -3.5 front camber / -2.5 rear camber
    oe pads
    motul rt660 high temp brake fluid
    a few other misc items like bushings etc.

Originally posted by narudnad View Post
    planning to attend the next event at ACS in October!
    I don't have much tips for ACS as I'm still a newb on it but I hope ACS is still around in October. I saw a photo of them tearing down the grandstands at ACS yesterday. Hopefully the pavement is still intact come October.
    "your BMW has how many miles!?"

2003 (2/03) M3 coupe Imolarot/Black 6 M/T - JRZ RS One 450/550 - Ground Control Street - SDW RTAB - TMS Street ARCA - Redish V2 - TMS solid subframe bushings - Volk Racing G2 18x9.5 - StopTech ST40 355 (coming soon) - Beisan Systems VANOS parts - WPC OE rod bearings - Karbonius CSL airbox - Kassel MSS54HP DME - Kassel MAP sensor - Euro headers and Section 1 - SuperSprint Sport - Recaro Speed - Schroth Rallye 4 QF - AS 30% SSK

build/journal
    ig: @zzyzx85

Comment

zzyzx85 They were tearing down the grandstands the same weekend I was there also. Still have time before its all dismantled. Plus I heard its not a done deal yet, that the my tearing of those grandstands was to just downsize for now. We’ll see!

Let’s link up if you come out in October 👍

Comment

Hi all,

I was at ACS with my E46 M3 on Aug 7. I was in the yellow run group and my best time of the day was 2:02. There is much to improve in my techniques. Just want to say hi! And I will probably go again in Oct.

I did run into coolant temp issues in the second and third sessions. I will start separate thread about that...

Click image for larger version

Name:	ACS-8-7-2022.jpg
Views:	225
Size:	192.8 KB
ID:	182383

Attached Files

Comment

MPowerZ32 I’ll see you out there! Let’s link up forsure.

Question, how much negative camber are you running in the rear? From the pic, gotta be more than -3 degrees?

Second question, where did you get your center caps? I neeed!

Last edited by narudnad; 08-29-2022, 10:05 PM.

Comment

narudnad , I have the TE37 Ultra which is designed to accept center caps. Any Volk authorized dealer (eg MACKIN Industries) can get you a set. But I think you have the TE37SL. I was under the impression the SL is intentionally designed to not accept center caps. I could be wrong...

In terms of negative camber, the car has SPL rear adjustable control arms at -3 degrees, and front Vorshlag plates at -3.7 degrees.

Comment

MPowerZ32 I’ll look more into it, thanks!

I have akg in the rear for my adjustable arms. Looks good!

Comment

A picture from last Sunday 12/4 at Auto Club:
                Click image for larger version

Name:	AutoClub-M3.png
Views:	78
Size:	997.8 KB
ID:	195599

Comment

Working...
                X