APR splitter. anyone using it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

APR splitter. anyone using it?

Is anyone running the APR splitter? Seems like a nice piece for the $ and I doubt it could be built for much less. Obviously mounting needs to be figured out but I already have mounts ready to go. Any feedback?

You can use plywood for a relatively short splitter. 1/2" should be fine. If this is your first splitter...you'll probably buy a 2nd one. I recommend plywood. That way you can work out the kinks like getting out the driveway, loading on to a trailer, find out where you scrape, etc. and it only costs you $30-$40.

Once you get it all down...you can upgrade to the APR splitter.

Comment

this is why I am asking. I have run home brew splitters for a few years now and am wanting to know if the APR would be an upgrade over the plywood or alumalite I have used in the past? If Bimmerworld's setup wasn't soo pricey ( and not out of stock) I would go that route but as we know these things tend to be "consumable"

Comment

Probably a little bit of an upgrade. A stiffer splitter will yield more downforce. At some point, those materials won't hold up without considerable reinforcement. I had a plywood splitter that was 4" beyond the front bumper with 2 splitter rods. It ended up fluttering when going over 130mph and eventually cracked in half.

I made a 6" carbon front splitter which I've had zero issues with.

I can't say how the splitter is made without seeing it. Lots of "carbon fiber" stuff that looks like carbon but is not. The giveaway is the price. Materials are at least $300. Anything under $1000 is probably plastic, fiberglass or some filler inside which likely won't perform. It will look nice though.

Comment

The APR on my Z4M Coupe wasn’t stiffer than the Alumalite splitter on my E46 M3 race car
          2001 BMW E46 M3 Laguna Seca / M-Texture 6mt
          2006 BMW E46 M3 Individual Estoril blue/Black 6mt
          2019 BMW X3 M40i Phytonic blue/Tartufo Individual

Comment

Originally posted by Gt4 View Post
            The APR on my Z4M Coupe wasn’t stiffer than the Alumalite splitter on my E46 M3 race car
            interesting to know. I felt the alumalite was not stiff enough and abandoned it for 1/2" plywood. but it just kind of looks cheap IMO. Was hoping the APR would be an upgrade but guess not.

Comment

https://europowermotorsports.com/pro...-lip-splitter/

A member here is doing a GB on Facebook for this splitter. Seems like a good option

Comment

https://europowermotorsports.com/pro...-lip-splitter/

A member here is doing a GB on Facebook for this splitter. Seems like a good option
                Thanks for sharing it. I haven't launched it officially, working out a small kink with shipping which should be sorted tonight.

03.5 LSB/LSB 6MT Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by SGM330 View Post

Thanks for sharing it. I haven't launched it officially, working out a small kink with shipping which should be sorted tonight.
                  My friend Seb sent me the link to your Facebook GB this morning. I was tempted for my LSB M3 but I am already waiting after a CSL front bumper/Diffuser/Trunk

Otherwise, I think it’s a great option since Bimmerworld is always out of stock for their CF parts…

Comment

My friend Seb sent me the link to your Facebook GB this morning. I was tempted for my LSB M3 but I am already waiting after a CSL front bumper/Diffuser/Trunk

Otherwise, I think it’s a great option since Bimmerworld is always out of stock for their CF parts…
                    Considering its almost $2k CAD for us after shipping and duties, it's worth grabbing at the GB pricing. You should consider it. I'm going to post it in the GB section now

03.5 LSB/LSB 6MT Coupe

Comment

I run the Bimmerworld Carbon Riser (https://www.bimmerworld.com/BimmerWo...bon-Riser.html) with an Alumilite copy of the Bimmerworld front undertray on the race car. Both work very well together and are affordable. I like B-Worlds carbon riser because the center section wraps up over the center section of the lower bumper for added strength.

I made a wood buck of the undertray in order to router new Alumilite undertrays if needed.

Feff
                      MVP Track Time

Comment

Working...
                      X