How to DIY an alignment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to DIY an alignment

I got the BG Racing string alignment kit. Overall - great! I made a video. Let me be clear, I am in no way trying to be a youtube star. I was smoking a cigar and drinking a beer at the same time - that's my level of commitment!

Key points
    - make sure the strings are in the middle of the hub and the same distance between the hub and string left to right on each axle.
    - forgot to mention to set the tire pressures to hot PSI before starting.
    - would be better to put the driver's weight in the driver's seat...I didn't.
    - a more narrow ruler or one with MM's on both sides would work better.

My specs:
    Front camber -4.0
    Front toe - 0.0mm
    Rear camber -3.0
    Rear toe - .5mm toe in (7' or .07 degrees)

You can use trig to translate from degrees to mm/in - I just googled "degrees to mm alignment". I have 17" wheels so you'll have a slightly higher measurement for the same degrees on an 18" wheel.

I hope this helps someone!

Thanks for posting. Need an alignment before fall track season, and toying with getting equipment to do it myself.

Comment

What you're calling a millimetre is a centimetre and the tenths are the actual millimetres

The white plates are a good idea for doing it on the cheap.

Comment

Originally posted by Shonky View Post
        What you're calling a millimetre is a centimetre and the tenths are the actual millimetres

The white plates are a good idea for doing it on the cheap.
        🤣🤣🤣I think you’re right…

Cut me a break, I think I was on my 3rd beer when I recorded all of this. 🤣

Comment

Working...
        X