Brake Pad Thickness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brake Pad Thickness

Found Pagid RSL4 in the rear of our new-to-us track car. Took them off and found that a bit of the pad material has come off. Is this normal wear for this pad? Pad thickness is at about 5mm at the thinnest point. There is a fair amount of hotrizontal pad taper. Previous owner looked like he swapped the pads inboard to outboard.

Q: Would you replace them before a 2 day event?

Yes. Pagid are generally high quality so I’m assuming it’s not a manufacturing defect, those pads have been degraded.
    Last edited by r4dr; 06-01-2020, 07:09 PM.
    '03.5 M3 SMG Coupe - Jet Black / Black

Comment

Originally posted by r4dr View Post
      Yes. Pagid are generally high quality so I’m assuming it’s not a manufacturing defect, those pads have been degraded.
      Yeah the other side was way worse. Definitely swapping them out. Thanks.

Comment

I saw in the other thread you mentioned switching to brass guide bushings. Have you run them before?

Comment

I saw in the other thread you mentioned switching to brass guide bushings. Have you run them before?
          Yes on the previous car I had ST 40 up front and OE rear. On the rear brakes it really helped with pad taper. Didn't notice much difference in feel tho.

Comment

I was wondering since I've just recently started running them F+R on my E30 track car. Maintenance is a total pain so far... going to put Wilwood BBK F+R as soon as the brackets are available again.

Comment

I was wondering since I've just recently started running them F+R on my E30 track car. Maintenance is a total pain so far... going to put Wilwood BBK F+R as soon as the brackets are available again.
              I had stoptech bbk on the old car. Trying to run OEM with cooling this time around to save on rotors/pads. We'll see how it goes.

Comment

Everything I've heard is that BBKs make it cheaper to run the car. Large upfront investment, but the much bigger pads and rotors, while more expensive per unit, last long enough that you end up ahead. No personal experience with that though (yet).

Plus you jump ship from the crapfest that are sliding calipers.

Comment

Everything I've heard is that BBKs make it cheaper to run the car. Large upfront investment, but the much bigger pads and rotors, while more expensive per unit, last long enough that you end up ahead. No personal experience with that though (yet).

Plus you jump ship from the crapfest that are sliding calipers.
                  On the ST-40 332mm front-only BBK running PFC 08 pads I was changing rotor rings every 10 event days (so 5 events). And I am not that experienced of a driver. They crack way too quickly and are very expensive ($400 per rotor ring) and kind of a pain to disassemble and re-assemble onto the rotor hat. If I were to go the BBK route I would go with the 996 conversion that can use stock non-floating rotors.

Any kit with floating rotors is kind of a waste IMO unless you're an advanced driver or are doing longer stints than a typical HPDE.

Comment

Working...
                  X