Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

E46 M3 Fuel Starvation During Hard Cornering (Ideas for solutions)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jevi Javi View Post
    I'm still having the same starvation issues after installing the BW kit. Once my tank is near 1/4 mark, starvation issues occur...
    How warm was it on the day this occurred?
    '02 e46m3 - fully caged track car
    many others

Comment

the only way to fix is with a proper surge tank. i was thinking of going with the BW kit, but it only puts a bandaid on the actual issue. when i pull the trigger, it'll likely be the radium kit.
      2018 Grigio Telesto F80 M3 DCT | :: Bone Stock ::
      2004 Titanium Silver E46 M3 6 Speed | :: Track Car ::

Comment

^not sure I agree. Spec e46 guys can run the tank pretty dry without an issue. I think part of the problem we run into is the vent line. It seems on hot days the issue is exacerbated. My hypothesis is the pressure in the tank builds up and the vent in the tank isn't sufficient to handle the excess fumes. The fumes are pulled into the pump during some slosh and somewhat vapor lock the pump/line. Again, just a theory. I installed the BW kit + a new main pump and pickup. I haven't run past 1/4 tank yet but so far so good. However, I only have 2 track days on this setup and both days were in cooler weather. I get the feeling I have not seen the last of this issue on a hot day, but I think modifying the vent may cure the issue for good.
        '02 e46m3 - fully caged track car
        many others

Comment

I'm in the Caribbean. So its always warm here. +90 Fahrenheit.

Originally posted by pMak26 View Post

How warm was it on the day this occurred?

Comment

I am using a 255lph fuel pump from eBay secured by a hose clamp to the OE jet pump assembly. I ran the wire through the top and use JB weld water weld to seal it up. Its been a PIA since you have to get the height of the pump correct and I have to crawl through a roll cage.

My fuel level gauge works but I can only get down to 1/4 tank. I got sick of messing with it and 1/4 tank is good enough.

Comment

Working...
            X