X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which RSM's do you run?

RSM’s

Whats up guys

Looking for feedback on which RSM’s you are using, and the good or bad experiences with them. RSM’s are a new one for me (no experience with an aftermarket unit in that portion of the car). Not sure how much NVH is generated there by running a monoball/spherical bushing. The Bimmerworld race ones look great, as do the Ground Control’s. Ive spoken with a handful of guys running RE RSM’s, with nothing bad to be said.

Monday bump for RSM discussions

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I have run RE RSMs for several years on both AST 4100s and MCS 2WNRs and found them to be really good and virtually bulletproof. They will accommodate either 10mm or 12mm shock shafts with the parts included in their kit. An added advantage is that once installed the shocks can be removed from inside the wheel well without needing to remove the trunk liner. I've been very satisfied with them and have had no issues at all. Last year I replaced the standard rubber street bushing with their harder rubber track bushing. This spring I switched to Vorshlag spherical RSMs and feel they have improved both ride and handling with little or no added NVH. IMO the spherical bearing allows the shock shaft to articulate more freely and respond more quickly which is noticeable so I plan to stick with them for the foreseeable future.

Comment

Originally posted by SG/IRM3 View Post
        I have run RE RSMs for several years on both AST 4100s and MCS 2WNRs and found them to be really good and virtually bulletproof. They will accommodate either 10mm or 12mm shock shafts with the parts included in their kit. An added advantage is that once installed the shocks can be removed from inside the wheel well without needing to remove the trunk liner. I've been very satisfied with them and have had no issues at all. Last year I replaced the standard rubber street bushing with their harder rubber track bushing. This spring I switched to Vorshlag spherical RSMs and feel they have improved both ride and handling with little or no added NVH. IMO the spherical bearing allows the shock shaft to articulate more freely and respond more quickly which is noticeable so I plan to stick with them for the foreseeable future.

Nice! Good info there, exactly why I asked! It seems that Vorshlag claims they use the largest bearing?

Ideally, I’d really like to run a monoball/spherical RSM; for reasons you stated, not robbing the shock of their potential.

Also, don’t want clicks pops and bangs to deal with while on street.

Comment

So far the Vorshag RSMs are quiet but I haven't put more than a thousand miles on them plus some autocross. I've had great experience with their camber plates and didn't hesitate to get the RSMs. I think their products are very high quality.

Comment

So far the Vorshag RSMs are quiet but I haven't put more than a thousand miles on them plus some autocross. I've had great experience with their camber plates and didn't hesitate to get the RSMs. I think their products are very high quality.
            No personal experience with anything from Vorshlag, but all looks well made.

On the stiffer bushing RE mounts, were they still quiet on road?

Hard for me to not want spherical, especially with a damper like MCS, JRZ, etc. Also have to be realistic and know car will get street driven as well.

Comment

The stiffer RE bushings were quiet but I felt like they restricted shock articulation more than the standard street bushings. That's one reason I installed the Vorshlag spherical mounts which I already had on hand. If I ever go back to a stock(ish) suspension I'll definitely use the RE RSMs with the standard rubber bushings. I really didn't see any advantage in using the stiffer RE bushings.

I do think the sphericals provide a performance improvement. Vorshlag insists you can see the difference on a shock dyno which I believe based on my experience.

Comment

The stiffer RE bushings were quiet but I felt like they restricted shock articulation more than the standard street bushings. That's one reason I installed the Vorshlag spherical mounts which I already had on hand. If I ever go back to a stock(ish) suspension I'll definitely use the RE RSMs with the standard rubber bushings. I really didn't see any advantage in using the stiffer RE bushings.

I do think the sphericals provide a performance improvement. Vorshlag insists you can see the difference on a shock dyno which I believe based on my experience.
                Solid info. Wasn’t sure how Vorshlag dyno shock tested with mounts, but sure enough they did saw old AST pictures.

Where does GC, and Bimmerworlds RSMs fit into all this? Anyone else running any of the mentioned?

Comment

I'm running GC street RSMs with JRZ 2WNRs...while I don't have any experience with other RSMs (except for OE) I am pretty happy with the current setup and since it's the "street" version I haven't noticed any increase in NVH.

Comment

I'm running the street rogue engineering RSM with the ohlins R&T suspension. No increase in NVH. Very satisfied years later and they are holding up great.

Comment

Originally posted by structure3230 View Post
                      I'm running the street rogue engineering RSM with the ohlins R&T suspension. No increase in NVH. Very satisfied years later and they are holding up great.
                      What difference do you feel in the car?

Comment

Working...
                      X