Oil Diverter Valve Fitment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oil Diverter Valve Fitment

I recently installed an oil diverter valve in my oil filter housing. There is ~1mm of play between the "valve" and the cap/c-clip. Is this fitment normal or should it be a snug fit where the cap/c-clip hold the valve tightly in place so it doesn't freely move.

Video of fitment
    SF Bay Area Vanos, Rod Bearings, Inspection II, etc. Services : Member Feedback
    E46 M3 Track Videos : https://www.youtube.com/c/DanAvon

So I just installed a new one of these...Yes that play is what i had after install.

I bought the VAC motorsports ODV since after opening my OFH, the Bimmerworld ODV was not seated in the housing. The circlip was free floating in the space and the "hat" was also free floating. When i removed all the parts and tried to reinstall, the had would not fit into the BW ODV, even after hammering it in. it stops going in after with about 0.5cm from being flush. I dont remember if this was the case on install, but i could not seat the circlip any longer with the BW ODV without machining it or something. Since the hat didnt sit flush the circlip sits not in its recess so it appears to be installed.

This marks about the 10th Bimmerworld manufactured product ive purchased that has failed to be machined to workable tolerances with this car, others include the Oil distribution block, the -10AN oil cooler line conversion part, the Track cabs, and others. Their ODV does not allow the hat to seat into the hole as seen in the pics and the circlip then cannot seat in its recess, and i discovered the whole system just floating freely in there after god knows how many miles. Im not sure the consequence of this as theres nowhere for anything to go but cant be ideal. The vac motorsports ODV has a chamfer on the inside and it seats flush and the cirlip sets in its recess.

Think about this before purchasing a BW ODV.

In pics BW is left part, VAC is Right part, note the chamfer on the VAC. Sorry for pic quality.
    Attached Files

Comment

Working...
    X