Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brake Pad Recommendation for ST60/ST40

Hey all,

Looking to pick up some new pads for my StopTech kit and looking to hear some experiences/feedback on pads for guys who dual duty their cars.

I'm looking for a pad that I can use on Track and also keep in the car for canyon driving and spirited driving.. A buddy of mine does this with PFC08s and absolutely loves them.

Besides the PFC08, do you guys have any other recommendations? I've heard alot of talk about Ferodo pads.

Thanks in advance for your input.

-Frank

Instagram: @_Frank_Stone_

Track pads will chew up your rotors quickly for street driving.

I’ve been using the Stoptech SR34 race pads. They are like a PF01 except 2/3 the cost.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by bigjae46 View Post
      Track pads will chew up your rotors quickly for street driving.

I’ve been using the Stoptech SR34 race pads. They are like a PF01 except 2/3 the cost.

How are those on the rotors?

Comment

Originally posted by Onefastsicilian View Post

How are those on the rotors?
        Average. They will cause some heat cracking. I got about 50 days from my rotors.

Comment

I’m a fan of the ferodo 1.11 and will be trying the 3.12’s next. I don’t daily my car though and I run with 100 tw tires.

2018 Grigio Telesto F80 M3 DCT | :: Bone Stock ::
          2004 Titanium Silver E46 M3 6 Speed | :: Track Car ::

Comment

I, similar to your buddy, run pfc08 year round 24/7. Love them.

That said, I've read and heard (haven't tried them myself yet) a lot of great feedback about Ferodo 1.11. If you find the FMSI number for pad shape/size your calipers take, you can then most likely find a set on FCP...

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Youtube DIYs and more

All jobs done as diy - clutch, rod bearings, rear subframe rebush, vanos, headers, cooling, suspension, etc.

PM for help in NorCal. Have a lot of specialty tools - vanos, pilot bearing puller, bushing press kit, valve adjustment, fcab, wheel bearing, engine support bar, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by mrgizmo04 View Post
              I, similar to your buddy, run pfc08 year round 24/7. Love them.

That said, I've read and heard (haven't tried them myself yet) a lot of great feedback about Ferodo 1.11. If you find the FMSI number for pad shape/size your calipers take, you can then most likely find a set on FCP...

how bad is the brake dust with them? He runs CCW classics and bc of the wheel design, he doesnt get much dust.

Comment

What tires do you run on the track?
                '03.5 M3 SMG Coupe - Jet Black / Black

Comment

Originally posted by r4dr View Post
                  What tires do you run on the track?
                  Direzza z3 as of right now.... might grab a second set of wheels and run NT01s or the nankang

Comment

how bad is the brake dust with them? He runs CCW classics and bc of the wheel design, he doesnt get much dust.
                    Yeah they dust, but I'm running anthracite wheels and stopped caring, otherwise, cleaning wheels would be my full-time job.

Youtube DIYs and more

All jobs done as diy - clutch, rod bearings, rear subframe rebush, vanos, headers, cooling, suspension, etc.

PM for help in NorCal. Have a lot of specialty tools - vanos, pilot bearing puller, bushing press kit, valve adjustment, fcab, wheel bearing, engine support bar, etc.

Comment

Direzza z3 as of right now.... might grab a second set of wheels and run NT01s or the nankang
                      How do you like z3? I hear they are kind of ok at everything but don't really stand out as great at anything? Good for turning laps, but there are cheaper options kind of tire?

Youtube DIYs and more

Comment

Originally posted by mrgizmo04 View Post
                        How do you like z3? I hear they are kind of ok at everything but don't really stand out as great at anything? Good for turning laps, but there are cheaper options kind of tire?

i just installed them, so no time on them yet. I came from the RS4 so I'm curious how they feel. I have a few friends that run them on their modded e36s (one's a cammed/airbox s54 swap) and on the track they love them. I guess we'll see how they go.

Comment

Hey guys, just to piggyback off of this thread, I am looking for street pads for my ST40 355mm kit for the fronts. Any suggestions and links for some deals? Thanks.

Thinking of the Porterfield R4-S high performance street pads
                          Last edited by 0-60motorsports; 01-25-2021, 04:25 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by 0-60motorsports View Post
                            Hey guys, just to piggyback off of this thread, I am looking for street pads for my ST40 355mm kit for the fronts. Any suggestions and links for some deals? Thanks.

Thinking of the Porterfield R4-S high performance street pads
                            The porterfields are a street/light duty track pad. Keep in mind that my car is not street legal...but they were OK for track use in my very light car with brake ducts. They didn’t last vey long though.

I searched for “Porsche 968” pads and scored them new from eBay for $40 and $80. Can’t really beat that!

Comment

Originally posted by bigjae46 View Post

The porterfields are a street/light duty track pad. Keep in mind that my car is not street legal...but they were OK for track use in my very light car with brake ducts. They didn’t last vey long though.

I searched for “Porsche 968” pads and scored them new from eBay for $40 and $80. Can’t really beat that!

Oh that’s an excellent deal! I’ll try eBay now. I don’t use my car much, maybe 4-5k a year.

Comment

Working...
                              X