Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MD_M3 View Post

At that time I as running -3.6 front and -2.5 rear
    Yeah, I'm not surprised. I'm planning to run camber plates, but I'll have to be careful as I know a lot of them don't have as much adjustment as the race-spec Vorshlag and GC ones.

Comment

18x10 et33 fit with 3.1* of front camber, no spacers. This is with 275width tire (I ran Nangkan AR1s).

I wouldn't do 17" wheels bc when you eventually do a big brake setup in the front it's unlikely they'll fit under the 17s.
      '02 e46m3 - fully caged track car
      many others

Comment

Originally posted by pMak26 View Post
        18x10 et33 fit with 3.1* of front camber, no spacers. This is with 275width tire (I ran Nangkan AR1s).

I wouldn't do 17" wheels bc when you eventually do a big brake setup in the front it's unlikely they'll fit under the 17s.
        If you can get the Apex 17s then a 355mm ST kit will fit. On these cars, not much advantage in going with a 380mm rotor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Agreed that 380mm rotor is hugely unnecessary. I have 355mm fronts and it is plenty. I can lock them up at 140mph and have zero fade after very hard 20 minute sessions. I've always been pretty hard on brake setups. On all my onboards you can hear me just chirping the inside front tire going into corners as I start corner entry phase. The front caliper is the exact same caliper on all 4 corners of my viper and the viper is hands down the best braking street car I've ever driven.

I still went with 18s for my setup as it leaves a lot more options and most manufactures are focused on the 18" tire for their performance compounds.
          '02 e46m3 - fully caged track car
          many others

Comment

Originally posted by pMak26 View Post
            Agreed that 380mm rotor is hugely unnecessary. I have 355mm fronts and it is plenty. I can lock them up at 140mph and have zero fade after very hard 20 minute sessions. I've always been pretty hard on brake setups. On all my onboards you can hear me just chirping the inside front tire going into corners as I start corner entry phase. The front caliper is the exact same caliper on all 4 corners of my viper and the viper is hands down the best braking street car I've ever driven.

I still went with 18s for my setup as it leaves a lot more options and most manufactures are focused on the 18" tire for their performance compounds.
            275/40R17- Hoosier, any NITTO/Toyo, some Hankook tires, Maxxis RC1s

You can run 255/40R17s which will open up most 200 UTOQ tires. I doubt that you’ll lose any contact patch with a 255.

I save about $150-$200 per set of tires and really don’t give up anything. For a frequent HPDE’er that is not trivial.

I think most 200 UTOQ tires like the RE71s are faster than the NT01s I run. But it’s HPDE. Sharpen your skills and go faster with worse tires.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
            X