Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eacmen View Post

Nice setup.

What is the purpose of the gas shocks? They look like hood struts.
    Thanks.

They are gas struts used to hold covers open. I got them on eBay. Provides some upward give when the splitter scrapes. I was scraping my splitters to a sharp edge. I need softer shocks because it takes a lot of force to compress them. I think they are 70lb shocks. I need 10-20 lb shocks.

I tried the AJ Hartman splitter biscuits but ended up using UHMP or something...it’s cutting board material. Tougher and cheaper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

High rise mounts from BW. Since I am doing auto-x this weekend I have it at 10 deg relative to the ground. At the highest setting on the wing.

I have the fan clutch tool that is basically flat tool steel that I tape to the wing with angle finder.

Normally I am at 2-3 deg angle relative to the ground.

Did you add a gurney flap at the end of the BW wing or does it come with one already?

Last edited by sc_tr0jan_m3; 04-29-2021, 09:33 PM.
      2018 Grigio Telesto F80 M3 DCT | :: Bone Stock ::
      2004 Titanium Silver E46 M3 6 Speed | :: Track Car ::

Comment

Originally posted by sc_tr0jan_m3 View Post

Did you add a gurney flap at the end of the BE wing or does it come with one already?

I bought the car like that. I assume it came with the flap.

Comment

I bought the car like that. I assume it came with the flap.
          Oh do you know if it was the BimmerWorld wing too? Or a diff manufacturer?

Comment

Oh do you know if it was the BimmerWorld wing too? Or a diff manufacturer?

The new ones from BimmerWorld come with the gurney flap.

Comment

Originally posted by AXDB View Post

The new ones from BimmerWorld come with the gurney flap.
              Cool, good to know. thanks!

Comment

If your local track has a long right sweeper you might see fuel starvation. One of the first complications after adding aero.

Comment

Originally posted by jk715 View Post
                  If your local track has a long right sweeper you might see fuel starvation. One of the first complications after adding aero.

I have a secondary pump on the left side and I still have to keep the fuel tank over 1/4. I was wondering if I had an issue but that is a good point. I've been up to 1.55g's, typically around 1.3 to 1.4, Got to wonder if there is something else that I need to do.

Comment

Originally posted by bigjae46 View Post

I have a secondary pump on the left side and I still have to keep the fuel tank over 1/4. I was wondering if I had an issue but that is a good point. I've been up to 1.55g's, typically around 1.3 to 1.4, Got to wonder if there is something else that I need to do.
                    Secondary pump fixed the fuel starvation for me. Initially, I thought the aero was adding a parachute effect in the rear bumper but it was only occurring on the long right sweeper. Aero adds just enough g's to the turn for fuel starvation to kick in.

Comment

Holy crap... reporting back after my first day out with full BW splitter/aero setup.

God, the grip is addictive!

It's insane how much it can transform a car and the G's you can pull with the same tires. It's pretty much a night and day difference and within 4 sessions, I was able to beat my previous personal best time by over 4 seconds.

The limit is so high now, it's getting scary... and this is without Hoosiers! lol

Comment

Holy crap... reporting back after my first day out with full BW splitter/aero setup.

It's insane how much it can transform a car and the G's you can pull with the same tires. It's pretty much a night and day difference and within 4 sessions, I was able to beat my previous personal best time by over 4 seconds.

The limit is so high now, it's getting scary... and this is without Hoosiers! lol

did you do anything else to the car or just the aero? any weight reduction?

Comment

Originally posted by Sergmann View Post

did you do anything else to the car or just the aero? any weight reduction?
                          I got the full beans TCDesign update. Full cage, full weight loss, diff, 5 speed swap, a crap ton of stuff. I'm now at ~2800 lbs with ~340whp. I need a retune from Epic to fit into TT3 rules, but I have a backup DME for full power mode that can put me in TT2 rules.

Comment

I find myself underdriving the car. It’s ridiculous when I see my buddy wiggling and struggling in a fast sweeper and I’m on his butt just coasting.

I thought the weight loss was more transformative than the aero. I did the aero last.

Comment

Originally posted by bigjae46 View Post

I find myself underdriving the car. It’s ridiculous when I see my buddy wiggling and struggling in a fast sweeper and I’m on his butt just coasting.

I thought the weight loss was more transformative than the aero. I did the aero last.

I kinda agree, it's hard to tell which was the biggest impact, but I agree with your comment about feeling like you're really coasting. The combo of weight loss, aero, and a diff really brought the car to life. The diff can't get enough credit, cuz coming out of corners is amazing!

Comment

I kinda agree, it's hard to tell which was the biggest impact, but I agree with your comment about feeling like you're really coasting. The combo of weight loss, aero, and a diff really brought the car to life. The diff can't get enough credit, cuz coming out of corners is amazing!
                                A ZF clutch type diff? That really makes the car much more fun to drive. It really connects the rear wheels to your right foot. I think it also adds a lot of stability when trail braking.

Comment

Working...
                                X