Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

E46 M3 (S54) CPV High-Temperature O-Ring and Service Kit for Constant Pressure Valve

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LVMESM46 View Post

TropicalM3 message me and I will send you 2 for free
    PM sent. thanks

Comment

Sorry for not updating! Yes, these are still available.
      Original Owner - 2003 ///M3 - 6MT/LSB/Impuls/Anthracite
      M3Forum.net member since Dec 2002

Official CPV O-RingOil Leak Fix:
      https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/c...pressure-valve

Comment

PM replied!

Comment

PMed!

Comment

Originally posted by michaeljchn View Post
            PMed!
            Got it! Message returned.

Comment

Are these still available? I sent a PM last week but it looks like you haven't logged on in a while.
              2003 Imola Red M3 w/ SMG

Comment

Originally posted by K-Dawg View Post
                Are these still available? I sent a PM last week but it looks like you haven't logged on in a while.
                Yes, I'm not sure what's going on. I haven't been receiving any email notifications. I will log on here more frequently until I figure out what issues the forum is having. My apologies.

Comment

Ordered on eBay. Thanks for doing this service to the community!

Comment

Just PMd - thanks.
                    Interlagos 06 M3, Autologic tune, Agency Power midpipes/exhaust, Fortune Auto coilovers, UUC SSK, ZKW-R lenses. MRegistry listing here

Comment

Thanks - just ordered on eBay. How hard is access to the CPV?
                      Interlagos 06 M3, Autologic tune, Agency Power midpipes/exhaust, Fortune Auto coilovers, UUC SSK, ZKW-R lenses. MRegistry listing here

Comment

Originally posted by BlueBimmers View Post
                        Thanks - just ordered on eBay. How hard is access to the CPV?
                        I think tedious is the right word. You just have to figure out what assortment of extensions and tools (in addition to the tool in this ad) work best for you as it is in a difficult to reach spot on the block particularly if you have a US section 1 due to the cats. I just replaced mine about a month ago. The metal on the existing CPV seems fairly soft so make sure you are seated good in the groove before apply torque to break it loose.

Last edited by oceansize; 06-27-2022, 10:09 AM.
                        3.91 | CMP Subframe & RTAB Bushings | SMG (Relocated & Rebuilt) | ESS Gen 3 Supercharger | Redish | Beisan | GC Coilovers & ARCAs | Imola Interior | RE Rasp | RE Diablo | Storm Motorwerks Paddles | Will ZCPM3 Shift Knob | Apex ARC-8 19x9, 19x9.5 | Sony XAV-AX5000 | BAVSOUND | CSL & 255 SMG Upgrades | Tiag | Vert w/Hardtop

Comment

Thanks for that video. Yes tedious looks to be the word. I've got Agency Power section 1, we'll see if that causes any access issues.

UPDATE 7/25 - well that's disappointing. Was not able to remove at DIY event yesterday. Didn't give up easily, tried a bunch of things and had some pros try to make sure it wasn't me. The shop that had us in said they always drop the exhaust for the job. Will have to live with it for a while and do at a future event when there is more lift time.
                          Last edited by BlueBimmers; 07-25-2022, 06:16 AM.

Comment

Finally got around to doing this today with MPower22 O-ring and drag link from eBay. I found that a 5" 1/2" drive extension and ratchet (fine tooth if you have one is better, I did not but got it done anyway) positioned "forward" of the O2 sensor and just forward/above the EGT, while using your left hand to hold the drag link in the CPV, gets it done. As others have said, be sure to seat the drag link as much as possible as the CPV metal seems soft and will smear a little. Lube up the O-ring and re-install by hand. When this thing bottoms out, it's tight--don't turn it anymore. It will just stop turning.

Comment

Thank you for the update guys! I appreciate you all posting the progress and PM's replied!

Comment

Originally posted by oceansize View Post

I think tedious is the right word. You just have to figure out what assortment of extensions and tools (in addition to the tool in this ad) work best for you as it is in a difficult to reach spot on the block particularly if you have a US section 1 due to the cats. I just replaced mine about a month ago. The metal on the existing CPV seems fairly soft so make sure you are seated good in the groove before apply torque to break it loose.

Great video, I don't know if you're the one that made the video but it was exactly what I needed - psyching myself up to go finally do this in my garage right now haha, let's see how I do!
                                - Jonathan

2004 M3 6MT Carbon Black OEM+ | Vortex Days

Comment

Working...
                                X