No announcement yet.

2002 BMW M3 - Laguna Seca Blue - 6 Speed - 169k - Chicago, IL - Rebuilt Title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2002 BMW M3 - Laguna Seca Blue - 6 Speed - 169k - Chicago, IL - Rebuilt Title

Hey all,

It pains me to do this but I am officially listing my car for sale. I simply do not drive it as much anymore and I hate to see it sit. I have owned it since 2017 and have put countless hours and have poured money into this thing as I fell in love with it.

Right off the bat, this car is not going to be for everyone since it has a rebuilt title, but I encourage you to look over my build journal linked below for details of the repair, pics of damage, etc. You have to see it in person to truly appreciate how clean it is and how much love it has received. There are also more pictures in my build journal so please check it out!

I really don't know how to price it due to the title, but looking over the last couple of BAT listings for LSB manual couple's (granted they're clean titles) it looks like similar mile/condition LSB manual coupes are going for ~$35,000 without modifications. Mine has some medications, but I consider them to be OE+ and nothing over the top or that can't be reversed easily. I deducted 30% from market value due to the title status to come up with my price.

With that said, I would like $24,000 OBO for the car. I think that is more than fair considering the title status, mods, big 3, maintenance, etc. I have boxes of parts that will be included with the sale as well.

Price: $24,000 OBO

Big 3:

Rod Bearings - Replaced twice - Dealer at 40k, then again at 161k

Vanos - Rebuilt w/Beisan

Subframe - Reinforced at Performance Eurowerks w/Reddish Plates

Build Journal: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...copart-rebuild

Background:

3rd Owner / Purchased in 2017 / Texas Car / No Rust

Original VIN Laguna Seca Blue / Dove / 6 Speed Manual

90k Mile Black Nappa Interior Swap

Maintenance:

Oil Changes every 5k Miles w/LiquiMoly 10w60

41k - Rod Bearing Recall Performed at BMW Dealer

150k - OE BMW RTAB Replacement at Performance Eurowerks

161k - Rod Bearings Replaced w/ACL Coated Bearings, LUK Clutch Replacement, LUK Flywheel Replacement, CSB, Driveshaft Bushing, Diff Pinion Seal

162k - Vanos Rebuilt w/Beisan, Updated Cam Bolts, Valve Adjustment, Cooling System Overhaul w/High-temp O-Rings, Fan Clutch, Thermostat, Water Pump, Coil Packs

165k - Full Laguna Seca Blue Respray w/all moldings and gaskets removed

168k - Subframe Reinforced w/Reddish Plates at Performance Eurowerks w/Turner Aluminum Bushings, Poly Diff Bushings, Porsche 996 BBK, Turner Stainless Steel Brake Lines, Castrol SRF Racing Brake Fluid

Modifications:

OE BMW CSL Bootlid

OE BMW LED Taillights w/Coding

OE BMW Euro Cats w/70k Miles

OE BMW Alarm w/Coding

BuildJournal Bspec Tune

Megan Catless Headers

BillyBoat Section 3 Exhaust (Original Included)

Carbon Fiber Diffuser (Original Included)

BBS RG-R’s - Front: 18x8.5” Rear: 18x10”

KW V3 Coilovers

Vorshlag Camber Plates

SPC Rear Adjustable Control Arms

AutoSolutions SSK 30% Reduction

Porsche 996 BBK in Yellow w/ZCP Rotors

ECS Stainless Steel Brake Lines

APEX Stud Kit w/Wheel Locks

Castrol SRF Race Brake Fluid

BimmerWorld Vanos Line

BavSound Speaker Upgrade

Eonon Radio w/Apple CarPlay (Original Included)

“M-Rain” Shift and E-brake Boots

OE BMW ZCP Alcantara E-brake Handle

OE BMW ZHP Weighted Shifter

E90 Rear View Mirror Upgrade w/Compass/Auto Dim/Garage Door Opener

70% 3M Ceramic Tint

WeatherTech Black Floor Mats

"M3" Trunk Floor Mat

Osram Xenon Bulbs

ECS LED Interior Bulb Kitz

Known Issues:

GM5 Module (door locks work intermittently w/key fob)

Needs some wet sanding/buffing in a few spots to be absolutely perfect (will take care of this prior to sale)

Headliner in rear sags in a 3" area

Please reach out with any questions. Thank you for looking!
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 21 photos.
    Last edited by alexM3Chicago; 12-14-2021, 11:01 AM.

This is absolute robbery for the amount of work that's been put into this car. Should be gone by the end of the week. GLWS!

Comment

Very well built car and deserves every penny. GLWS OP!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      -Singh
      2004 e46 ///3 | Laguna Seca Blue | Black Leather | 6MT | Coupe
      BBS RC | Supersprint | Ground Control |
      Besian

Comment

+1 on the asking price. You’re way too low. Good luck with sale.
        Just some old shitty cars.

Comment

Originally posted by Str8f4c3 View Post
          This is absolute robbery for the amount of work that's been put into this car. Should be gone by the end of the week. GLWS!
          Thank you! If it doesn't sell here in the next week or so, I'm going to list in on FB. Really trying to avoid the crowd there, though.

Originally posted by Singh View Post
          Very well built car and deserves every penny. GLWS OP!
          Thank you, lots of love was put into it! Hoping it goes to someone who will enjoy it for a long, long time!

Originally posted by 02_lsb View Post
          +1 on the asking price. You’re way too low. Good luck with sale.
          You think so? What are you guys thinking is a fair price? Thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by alexM3Chicago View Post

Thank you! If it doesn't sell here in the next week or so, I'm going to list in on FB. Really trying to avoid the crowd there, though.

Thank you, lots of love was put into it! Hoping it goes to someone who will enjoy it for a long, long time!

You think so? What are you guys thinking is a fair price? Thank you!
            I would say with the BBS and the OE CSL trunk, you should be at 28k, you just need one right buyer.

-Singh
            2004 e46 ///3 | Laguna Seca Blue | Black Leather | 6MT | Coupe
            BBS RC | Supersprint | Ground Control |
            Besian

Comment

Originally posted by Singh View Post

I would say with the BBS and the OE CSL trunk, you should be at 28k, you just need one right buyer.

That would be amazing if I could get close to that. And wow, I didn't realize OE CSL trunks were $4k these-days... they're becoming as pricey as OE S2000 hardtops.

Comment

been quiet on this, but I just found it. Still for sale or sold?

Comment

If you are in the market for a smoker LSB that you plan to drive and don’t want to spend $50k plus, this is it! I don’t know this guy from Adam but anyone that has that kind of list gets my vote!

Comment

Hey all, a little bittersweet but the car has been sold. The new owner has a nice collection of track cars including an Audi R8. He is planning on installing a carbon roof, roll cage, etc. Also, for those who said my price was too low, you were probably right. The car sold the same day I listed it on FB marketplace for my full asking price of $24,000. Surprisingly to me I had so many people reach out for it that I couldn't keep up.

Thank you all for your interest and for being a part of this community. It's been great interacting with you all and sharing knowledge the past 6 years I have been an M3 owner. Wishing you all the best, and who knows, maybe one day I'll be back.

Comment

Noooooooooooooooooooooo.

Instant regret?
                      Last edited by 02_lsb; 01-14-2022, 11:57 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by 02_lsb View Post
                        Noooooooooooooooooooooo.

Instant regret?
                        Negative lol, or at least not yet. I just never drove it anymore since buying the S2000. Anytime it was nice out, 9/10 I would get into the S2000 instead of the M3. I couldn't justify seeing it sit anymore.

Comment

Dislike

Comment

I know a rebuilt title is bad but you documented the repairs and why it was salvaged. Not a typical of a repaired salvage car AND it was road legal and insured since it had a salvage title.

Comment

Working...
                            X