SOLD - 2003.5 Carbon Black - 6 speed - CSL mods - Big 3 all addressed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SOLD - 2003.5 Carbon Black - 6 speed - CSL mods - Big 3 all addressed

Listing for sale my 03.5 M3 after more than 10 years of ownership. It has been a great experience over the years owning this car, but current circumstances are telling me it is time to move on. This car drives better than any other E46M3 than I have ever been in, it is truly a fully vetted and sorted CSL setup. For now I am pricing and selling as is, not parting it out, as it would be a real shame to break it up. If anyone had an interest of pursuing this type of CSL/NA build setup, this car saves you a lot of time and money pursing it. Overall there are 179k miles on the car, but I dont think anything on the car has that mileage. Everything was maintained to the highest levels. A little over a year ago it developed a rod knock and so I pulled the engine and sourced a 60k mile donor engine on which I replaced the rod bearings, fully refurbished the head, replaced all gaskets and seals and also addressed every other thing I could on the engine "while I was in there". There are a little over 1,000 miles on the fully refreshed setup. Below is the complete listing of everything that has been recently done to all areas of the car. The paint cleans up well, but is probably the weak point of the car if it has one. There is a Streamline CSL bumper installed on the car right now that has boardline fitment, the stock bumper is heavily rock chipped but is available to be included along with all stock parts a potential buyer would want. The BBS RGR wheels would also need to be refinished, and I might take care of this, as the fronts got some corrosive brake dust on them that ruined their finish. I have good condition stock 19s with tires as well.

Car is titled and registered in Arizona and passes AZ OBD emissions testing. It is located in Orange County, California (I have addresses in both states and AZ is much eaiser for this type of setup).

sold for $22,000

Engine
    • Karbonius Carbon CSL intake and Geoff Steele snorkel
    • OE CSL air rail and OE MAP sensor
    • MSS54HP ECU with H-Bridge for full CSL flap control
    • Shrick 280/272 camshafts
    • Lang Racing Stage 1 Cylinder head
      • All new valve seals
      • All new valve guides (not included in normal head package $500 add on)
      • 5 angle valve job
      • Cleaning and resurfacing
      • New OE head gasket set and bolts
    • Full VANOS refresh
      • All new Beisan Seals, S62 springs, and rattle elimination kit
      • Beisan Oil pump disc
      • Beisan VANOS solenoid
      • New OE VANOS Accumulator
      • New OE VANOS pressure relief valve
      • New OE timing chain tensioner and upper chain guide
      • Rogue upgraded high pressure VANOS Oil line from Accumulator to VANOS
    • Fresh OE Rod Bearings
    • All new gaskets and seals, including new rear main seal
    • All new cooling system including:
      • New Water pump and thermostat
      • New Radiator and all new hoses
      • New Oil Cooler
    • TTFS Custom tune
    • Evo Sport underdrive pulleys on Alt, WP, P/S
    • Braille GU1-r 5# lithium Ion battery (saves 40+ lbs in weight over stock with no discernaable downsides)
    Exhaust
    • SuperSprint V1 Stepped Headers 63.5mm (2.5”) collectors (Swaintech Ceramic Coated)
    • SuperSprint 63.5mm slip fit section 1 with cats and resonators
    • SuperSprint 63.5mm twintube oversize section 2
    • Stock rear muffler section
    Transmission/drivetrain
    • BMW Motorsport 3.91 Limited Slip Differential
    • Auto Solutions Autocross Short Shift Kit (SSK), 20% reduction (MAJOR upgrade!!)
    • F30 shift knob/boot with illumination
    • New OE Clutch, throw-out bearing, slave cylinder and stainless braided clutch line
    • New OE Flywheel, pilot bearing, rear main seal and OE flywheel bolts
    • New Guibo, driveshaft center support bearing, and rear seal to diff
    • New Transmission and rear diff fluid
    Suspension
    • Eibach Pro Street S coilover suspension with 500# Front and 600# Rear springs installed. I have a pair of both 400# and 450# springs as spares should the buyer prefer.
    • Ground Control street camber plates
    • Eibach swaybars front and rear
    • Fully reinforced rear subframe
      • BMW structural foam used on both rear SF mounts
      • Turner Motorsport reinforcement plates epoxied all around
      • AKG black poly subframe bushings installed
      • All new bushings and ball joints in the rear suspension at 130k miles
      • Rogue Rear poly Trailing Arm bushings (RTAB)
      • AKG black poly differential bushings
    • All new front suspension bushings and tie rod end links at 130k miles
    • New front control arms and new OE FCAB at 130k miles
    • BBS RGR 19” Wheels with nearly new (<1000 mile) Michelin A/S 3+ tires in 255F and 275R widths (OE 19” wheelset available)
    Interior
    • Lower mileage black leather interior with Aluminum trim
    • New armrest delete center console
    • New F30 M5 shift boot with illuminated knob
    • New M-Performance Alcantara Ebrake handle and boot
    • Recently new Floormats
    • Coby alcantara covered steering wheel
    • Rockford Fosgate front component speakers
    • Rear speakers eliminated
    • Single JL Audio Stealthbox
    • Alpine 4 channel amplifier wired into the stock wiring
    Misc
    • All new OE Headlight lenses and ZKW Projector lenses (huge difference in headlight clarity and cutoff)
    • Streamline CSL front bumper with Carbon fiber splitters (stock bumper included)
    • Nearly all stock parts could be included (suspension, exhaust, wheels, cams, bumper, etc)
    • I have stainless braided brake lines and spare calipers that can be included
    • Stock ECU can be included as well
    • New under wiper cowl cover
    • New kidney surrounds
    • New hood struts
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 15 photos.
    Last edited by cozmo kraemer; 10-19-2020, 07:25 AM.
    2003 Carbon Black - Karbonious CSL intake, CSL DME w/MAP, SSV1 headers/Catted Section1/63.5mm Section2, Shrick 280/272 cams, Lang Racing Stage 1 cylinder head, Eibach Pro Street S Coilovers (500#F/600#R), GC Sways, AutoSolutions SSK, Motorsport 3.91 rear diff, BBS RGR wheels, Streamline CSL front bumper

Oh wow. Crazy to see you sell this thing! What's next?

Has every mod you'd ever want... I can speak from experience that buying this would be the much smarter move financially lol.... GLWS!

Current:

1997 BMW M3 - Boston Green/Modena
    2003 BMW M3 · Coupe · 6MT - Alpine White/M-Texture Alcantara

Comment

Originally posted by BMWahba View Post
      Oh wow. Crazy to see you sell this thing! What's next?

Has every mod you'd ever want... I can speak from experience that buying this would be the much smarter move financially lol.... GLWS!
      I'm not really sure. I have a 2016 340i that is my daily. I might just have that for awhile...another part of me wants a 2013+ Porsche C2s with a manual... I got laid off in March with Covid, and have been lucky to have picked up contract work since, but I dont know what is coming. If I get picked up in a permanent position maybe I will make a move. I dont have to sell the car, but it sits more than it gets driven these days and it just seems like it is time to simplify the life a bit. It has been a lot of fun owning it and has been the source of a lot of great experiences and friendships. I'm sure I will regret selling it.
      2003 Carbon Black - Karbonious CSL intake, CSL DME w/MAP, SSV1 headers/Catted Section1/63.5mm Section2, Shrick 280/272 cams, Lang Racing Stage 1 cylinder head, Eibach Pro Street S Coilovers (500#F/600#R), GC Sways, AutoSolutions SSK, Motorsport 3.91 rear diff, BBS RGR wheels, Streamline CSL front bumper

Comment

Sorry to see, hope things pick up! Great car, one of my favs. I would urge not to sell! Can you stomach dailying an older honda or toyota or something?
        DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
        /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
        More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Wow nice build

Comment

Originally posted by Tbonem3 View Post
            Sorry to see, hope things pick up! Great car, one of my favs. I would urge not to sell! Can you stomach dailying an older honda or toyota or something?
            It isn't a financial thing forcing the sale. But to answer that, of course I could! I have thought about selling for a decent while, gone back and forth and I guess it is just time. When I sold the CSL interior, that was when I sort of thought that I was probably going to sell the whole thing when I finished with the engine. It just took a bit to get it fully sorted. Also, to think this is a two owner car...I was just thinking the last time I sold a car was my FD RX7 in 2009. It has been awhile!

Comment

Haiiiyaaaa.

GLWS but I hope you keep it. If you sell your car it's gonna make me wanna sell mine lol
              2004 BMW ///M3 Carbon Black/Cinnamon 6MT
              2005 BMW ///M3
              Interlagos Blue/Black 6MT Dinan S3-R

2008 BMW ///M3 Alpine White/Bamboo/6MT Track Build
              2000 BMW ///M5 Royal Red/Extended Caramel 6MT
              2004 BMW X5 Toledo Blue/Sand Beige 6MT
              2023 Toyota Supra //A91-MT CULG/Hazelnut 6MT

Instagram

Comment

I really can't believe it happened this fast, but this car is sold. Took like 20 hours to sell.

Comment

Smart man whoever picked it up... hopefully he will join us on the forum so we can follow along with the car!

Current:

1997 BMW M3 - Boston Green/Modena
                  2003 BMW M3 · Coupe · 6MT - Alpine White/M-Texture Alcantara

Comment

Indeed, this was a good purchase
                    2005 IR M3 Slick Top 6speed. Mods - too much to list!
                    18 R8 RWS.
                    19 Vantage
                    15 YMB F80 M3 DCT - gone
                    Other cars too boring to list.

Comment

Sweet car - hopefully it went to a good home.
                      E46 324i k24/dct/turbo Build Thread
                      Phoenix Yellow e46m3 Build Thread

Comment

Hey all, I purchased this car. Mostly a lurker and don't really spend much time on the forums anymore, but hopefully I have the time to get a build thread going for this car. Already have some Recaro pole positions and 2 way coilovers on the way.

Was very nice meeting the OP. Thanks for taking good care of her.

Comment

Working...
                        X