FS: MCS 2WNR (non-remote 2 way) suspension

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FS: MCS 2WNR (non-remote 2 way) suspension

For $2600 you get what MCS sent me when I bought the dampers: 4 dampers, 4 adjustment knobs, 2 collar wrenches, and 2 pairs of locking collars along with the MCS instructions paperwork.

History
    I bought the rear dampers a little over 2 years ago, they have about 10k highway miles (now). Last year I ordered the front dampers and noticed one of the rears were weeping oil so I had it rebuilt (mcs said debris got past their seals and replaced everything).

I had purchased additional collars for the rear damper and tried many combinations of springs in the course of the past year and settled on 6k swift springs on all corners with the rear dampers used as coil-overs instead of the oem divorced spring setup.
    If you'd like the collars and upper spring perch to use the rears as coil-overs, I can provide the parts for an additional $250 (includes 2 pairs of locking collars, upper spring mount and Spherical Rear Shock Mounts)

To run the rear damper as a proper Coil-Over , you need a long spring since it’s got so much droop, so I have two pairs of 8 inch 6k swift springs and one pair of 8 inch 8k swift springs, I personally preferred the 6k swift springs on all 4 corners. If you’re not interested in running them as true coil rears, I can give you an adjustable rear spring perch from H&R and I have a 6 inch 750lb hyperco pair of springs you can run in the rear as a divorced setup.

Springs for sale - each pair is $140
    Hyperco 6" x 750lb x 2.25"
    Swift 7" x 10k x 60mm
    Swift 8" x 8k x 60mm
    Swift 8" x 6k x 60mm - two sets

The dampers have only seen one track day and at beginner level... so they’re barely used ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Located in San Jose, CA. Local pick up preferred but will ship at your expense.

Contact me at 510-556-8987

Click image for larger version  Name:	image_31232.jpg Views:	404 Size:	90.9 KB ID:	148356 Click image for larger version  Name:	image_31234.jpg Views:	260 Size:	191.3 KB ID:	149190 Click image for larger version  Name:	image_31237.jpg Views:	420 Size:	216.9 KB ID:	148361 Click image for larger version  Name:	image_31240.jpg Views:	405 Size:	111.8 KB ID:	148364 Click image for larger version  Name:	image_31314.jpg Views:	255 Size:	181.3 KB ID:	149182
    Attached Files
    Last edited by maksezzy; 05-08-2022, 11:39 AM.

updated pictures.

Comment

new from MCS is $3960...price feels kinda high. Might be interested if there were enough of a gap between new and yours to justify the risk (because buying used parts, even from the best people, is ALWAYS a risk!).

Comment

Originally posted by jareds941 View Post
        new from MCS is $3960...price feels kinda high. Might be interested if there were enough of a gap between new and yours to justify the risk (because buying used parts, even from the best people, is ALWAYS a risk!).
        Plus tax if you're out here in california, but make an offer. I'll update the price now.

Comment

How did you like them? What's the reason for selling?

Comment

Originally posted by toy4to View Post
            How did you like them? What's the reason for selling?
            They feel great, like on the track or a backroad.

I let my dad drive my m3 convertible on stock suspension through back roads and let him ride passenger in my coupe and he asked how I made the suspension so much better. Everyone has said nothing but praise about how the car felt on the MCS. The reason for selling is so i can get money.
            Last edited by maksezzy; 05-06-2022, 07:36 AM.

Comment

price drop.

Comment

Working...
              X