APE Flex Fuel Kit for S54

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For Sale: APE Flex Fuel Kit for S54

I have a flex fuel kit that I ran for roughly 5k miles. Still works as new. I only took off car because I am no longer tracking as much so not searching for every bit of HP and e85 isn't easy to get near where I live.

I'm asking $400 + shipping and fees + I'll need the stock fuel line that the APE sensor line replaces once you install.

Is there any downside to this kit being installed assuming E85 isn't difficult to find?

Comment

Originally posted by Mayan-Viking View Post
      Is there any downside to this kit being installed assuming E85 isn't difficult to find?
      You have to upgrade injectors otherwise you be running max duty cycle at E20. It should be tuned anyways so it's not that big of a deal.
      This is my Unbuild Journal and why we need an oil thread
      https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...nbuild-journal

"Do it right once or do it twice"

Comment

Originally posted by Arith2 View Post

You have to upgrade injectors otherwise you be running max duty cycle at E20. It should be tuned anyways so it's not that big of a deal.
        This depends on other supporting mods. I have cams, airbox, and SS 2.5 exhaust and didn't run out of injector until e50-e55. Without cams, plenty of others are running stock injectors.

Comment

Originally posted by Apex_80 View Post

This depends on other supporting mods. I have cams, airbox, and SS 2.5 exhaust and didn't run out of injector until e50-e55. Without cams, plenty of others are running stock injectors.
          E50 is not physically possible on our injectors no matter the mods. Mods aren't the limiting factors, it's ethanol being 35% less dense. You need 35% more ethanol to accomplish the same energy. Running lean makes power but also blows engines. Ethanol is a superior fuel to gasoline in almost every way. It just has to be approached as ethanol, not gasoline. My biggest worry is someone throwing this kit in with a Buildjournal can tune.
          This is my Unbuild Journal and why we need an oil thread
          https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...nbuild-journal

"Do it right once or do it twice"

Comment

I agree that someone should monitor their AFR anytime they add ethanol.

E50 had the stock injector absolutely pegged using the stock AFR target. So its possible and I have dyno graphs to prove it. I was on the dyno for hours with Hassan, first stock and just adding ethanol and letting it compensate, then him customizing the tune, then to bigger injectors and still letting it auto compensate then him customizing that version. The APE kit does a great job of taking a tune meant for 93 and adding the necessary fuel to keep up, and the app lets you track your injector status.

The BJ can tune has a few issues so I wouldn't want that (or any can tune) on my car.

Comment

Working...
            X