Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stoptech Trophy Race Full Kit Front & Rear STR60/STR40 355x32 with extras E46 M3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stoptech Trophy Race Full Kit Front & Rear STR60/STR40 355x32 with extras E46 M3

Selling a full Stoptech Trophy Race kit from my E46 M3. I've had these brakes on the car for about 4 years now and they've required essentially zero maintenance. I swap between Stoptech Sport pads for the street and SR33/SR32 race pads for track use. Stoptech offers the Trophy kit of this size in two specs, "Sport" and "Race". These were originally purchased in "Sport" spec and have been converted to "Race" spec by Stoptech themselves, with the exception of the full-float hardware, and instead run it as semi-float, as I found full-float too noisy for street use. However I AM including all the hardware to convert back to full-float if desired. You will also get a selection of different pads to run. This kit DOES retain the factory e-brake.

The upgrades from the Sport to the Race spec Trophy kit are below, and are all included:
    -SR33 race pads
    -Low-tension pad abutment plates
    -anti-knockback springs installed
    -external dust boots removed
    -full float hardware (included but not currently installed)

As far as condition, the calipers were all fully rebuilt at Stoptech's facility 1.5 years ago. The rebuild was not needed but this was when I had them converted to Race spec, and at that time all new piston seals were installed. The calipers themselves visually look fantastic while installed on the car. Upon close inspection (with the wheels off) there are some marks & marring on the calipers and pistons from pad swaps and rebuild etc, however they do not affect function in any way. Any marring on the pistons or caliper is on the pad contact end and not the caliper seal interface. The front rotors definitely have worn down some from race pad use and show some normal heat checking, no cracks, but I would have NO problem running these for at least 2 more track seasons on my car, although if you are using track pads, then at that point the fronts should probably be replaced. They measure at 30.9mm (new is 32mm). Rear rotor surface wear is almost none, at 31.7mm. SS brake lines are also in perfectly functional condition, although there are a couple small areas where the outer nylon coating has been worn, but has not touched or worn the SS line material at all. If you were super anal about your car, you may wish to purchase new SS lines, but again, I'd have no issue running these for many more years on my own or a friend's car.

Below is everything you will get, along with current pricing from Bimmerworld:
    -$4646.36 - Front Trophy kit STR-60 Caliper w/ 355x32 aero rotor
    -$4383.11 - Rear Trophy kit STR-40 Caliper w/ 355x32 aero rotor
    -$378.55 - SR33 front race pads (NEW IN BOX)
    -$304.52 - SR32 rear race pads (75% life)
    -(incl.)Sport front street pads (75% life)
    -(incl.)Sport rear street pads (90% life)
    -(incl.)full-float hardware (used once)
    **$9712.54 total**

*Also* included for free:
    -SR33 front race pads (40% life)
    -SR32 front race pads (30% life)

$5000 picked up in SoCal area, $5100 shipped in USA.

No, I won't separate. Selling because I got a deal on a set of AP 5000R brakes I couldn't pass up. Let me know if you'd like details or pictures of anything more specfic.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by BBRTuning; 03-02-2022, 03:36 PM.

According to Stoptech, this kit is for 01-06 E46 M3, non-ZCP.

Being that mine was a 2001, the MC sizes are slightly more rear-biased, so I found that the SR33/SR22 pad combination was perfect and locked fronts/rears equally when hot. Swapping between these compounds can help tweak the bias a bit to your liking.

Comment

This is such a great price for this kit! i just bought the same brakes for double the price!! damnit!

Good luck with the sale!

Comment

Gosh I want this but damn so much money.

Comment

Incredible kit and with costs rising this is really good value.

Comment

Bump, $5000 takes it. Who wants a turn-key track and street brake setup?

Comment

SOLD (a while ago, sorry forgot to update post).

Comment

Working...
              X