X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For Sale: Supersprint V1 cats

Sold
    Attached Files
    Last edited by T.J.; 05-10-2023, 06:49 AM.

I was wondering if I should have purchased these instead of the resonated pipes in the last group buy...

Any thoughts on the differences in the sound/rasp elimination between the two from anyone out there who knows would be much appreciated...

Comment

There's not going to be much difference in sound between HJS catted ss pipes and those same pipes with resonators (in lieu of cats). Both will calm the rasp, and create a bit more of a "soothing" exhaust sound, not quite as harsh. Overall volume isn't lowered much.

Even going from pure catless straight pipe, to the HJS cats (the 2.5" supersprint v1 pipes), overall volume didn't drop too much. A reduction in drone and slight reduction in rasp/harshness. Sadly, with the HJS cats, I no longer get natural "pops" after hard redline 2-3 upshifts. In my case, the desire to cut the smell and be smog ready outweighs the slight reduction in sound.
      DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
      /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
      More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Bump

Comment

Originally posted by Mayan-Viking View Post
          I was wondering if I should have purchased these instead of the resonated pipes in the last group buy...

Any thoughts on the differences in the sound/rasp elimination between the two from anyone out there who knows would be much appreciated...
          I have the full 63.5mm catless race system sitting at the house waiting to be installed on my M. I’ll post sound clips to answer your question when I get a chance.

Comment

Price drop

Comment

Up

Comment

Bump

Comment

Working...
                X