Looking to purchase authentic Vorsteiner GTR carbon fiber hood

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WTB: Looking to purchase authentic Vorsteiner GTR carbon fiber hood

Hello all, I'm looking for a Genuine Vorsteiner hood with vents. Preferable unpainted but won't complain if it is and undamaged is a must.

where are you? im selling mine but its painted

Looking to sell my authentic Vorsteiner single sided CF hood (local pick up only in san fernando valley zip 91306) Hood is in overall really good condition (8/10) and does not need to be repainted if going on another PY car. It will come with: hood pins, CF kidney grills (have a couple chips) , hood vent and CF look BMW
    2005 Phoenix Yellow M3 Coupe 6spd
    2013 Interlagos Blue M3 Coupe 6spd ZCP, CF roof
    2007 Imola Red Z4M Coupe

Comment

I'm in South Florida but I can pay shipping. Painted wont be a issue but I'm not a fan of the hood latches.

Comment

Sorry I wont ship. If you're not a fan of hood latches then stay away from CF hood
        2005 Phoenix Yellow M3 Coupe 6spd
        2013 Interlagos Blue M3 Coupe 6spd ZCP, CF roof
        2007 Imola Red Z4M Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by Maxima SE View Post
          Sorry I wont ship. If you're not a fan of hood latches then stay away from CF hood
          Why, I ran my Genuine Vorsteiner hood with OEM latches for years with zero issues.

Comment

I had a Vorsteiner GTR hood 13 years ago on a street car that became a full race car. I wanted one cause it look nice but than when I got it, I realised it wasn’t lighter than aluminum hood, water get inside the engine bay if driving or park outside during rain so can get your CAI filter sucking water, fitment isn’t that good especially vs OEM.
            2001 BMW E46 M3 Laguna Seca / M-Texture 6mt
            2002 BMW E46 M3 Titanium Silver/Black 6mt
            2006 BMW E46 M3 Individual Estoril blue/Black 6mt
            2019 BMW X3 M40i Phytonic blue/Tartufo Individual

Comment

Originally posted by Gt4 View Post
              I had a Vorsteiner GTR hood 13 years ago on a street car that became a full race car. I wanted one cause it look nice but than when I got it, I realised it wasn’t lighter than aluminum hood, water get inside the engine bay if driving or park outside during rain so can get your CAI filter sucking water, fitment isn’t that good especially vs OEM.
              You right, it did not weight any less then the OEM aluminum hood. Most people didn't realize that it was not an actual carbon fiber hood. It was a fiberglass hood with carbon fiber overlays, either single or double sided. It was a well made hood, probably the best aftermarket hood made for the e46 m3 but it was purely for looks. Fitment for me was good, and miles ahead other other aftermarket hoods.

The vents actual did serve as cooling channels and did vent engine heat. You are also correct, the downside of the vents was that water was able to get in. My car spent 95% of it's time in a garage and driven on nice days so weather was never a concern. I did have to put rags on the vents when washing the car to prevent water from entering the engine bay. I definitely would not recommend this hood if your are driving this car in the rain or if the car sees inclement weather.

Comment

Working...
              X